Last Thursday William's class had a field trip to country mill. Since we didn't need to be back at the school until 9:30, and drop off is before 8:30, I took the opportunity to run to chick-fil-a for breakfast (and grabbed the freebie sandwich for William's teacher = ))
Despite my breakfast run, I was still early and got to watch them do their morning review. William totally rocked the first sound matching.
Since all the kindergarteners were on one bus, parents had to drive themselves. It's not a bad drive, and I arrived before the bus. The temperature was quickly plummeting though, and so I grabbed the 'emergency' winter layers from the back of the van.
William's partner for the trip was absent, so we hung out with Zariah and Vivi for the tour.
We saw the giant refrigerator where they keep the apples (it was cold in there!) and where they press the apples to make the cider.
As we walked outside, William asked if he could just hold hands with Vivi "by ourselves." I really thought I had at least a few more years before the inevitable moment when he chooses someone to replace me as the number one girl in his life! Apparently not. = (
We each picked an apple and pumpkin as part of the tour. I saw my perfect pumpkin from afar, and when I held it up, William asked if we could trade! Since they both ended up on our front stairs, it didn't really mater.
We finished the tour by enjoying some donuts and cider from the café. Vivi's twin sister is in another class, but sat with us at the very end of the day.
It was a chilly day, but I had a fun time with my boy and his friends. Soon, as in a few weeks, I get to go back and do it again with Grace and Juliet!
later days







No comments:
Post a Comment