17 January 2021

Life in the New Year

We've been going strong in our routine, and now have 2 weeks of school under our belt already!  Billy is still working from home.  He only has to travel occasionally, so it's been nice having everyone all tucked away during these cold winter months!

William's final Christmas present finally came in (Jan 16th) and I ordered them December 13th! = 0  I knew the wouldn't arrive before Christmas (I'd missed the cut off) but I thought they'd be a couple of days late, not over a month! He did like them though, so I guess that was a win.


One of my Facebook friends posted about these adorable little among us necklaces that her daughter had made and was selling.  Since I've not been shopping like I used to, I was trying to think of something that would be special that I could get for them.  Since 4/5 (not Alice) are really into Among us right now, I thought they would be perfect!  I made up the cards and added the necklaces. = )


For his birthday, my mom and Sarah were set to watch the kids.  When I made the reservation, I was unable to find where to make the dinner reservation that would accompany the room.  When I went out the Monday before, they were book solid! = 0  She offered to move the room to the following weekend, so that we were able to have dinner in the conservatory too.  This change interfered with Sarah's work schedule though, so my mom held down the fort alone.

No piano this time. 


We could see one of the conservatories from above!  I was rushed in my picture taking, because we were 10 minutes late for dinner when we arrived, but they served us just the same. = )


They had two heaters in each conservatory.  A table top one and a larger one (I got the lucky spot!)




I decided a few weeks ago that we would be homeschooling next year, but sadly they were out of stock when I attempted to make my purchase!  Since the decision had been made, I checked daily or every other day and they finally had 12 in stock!  I happily clicked away, and am always excited when they arrive.  Now I just need to make the time to sit down and see what books we will actually use next year, and what books we have that I can sub in.  = )  


Uno is quite popular these days.  They like to play with the reverse card during free time too.


Grace: "mutti look! Canadian hair bows"  (We actually bought them on our St. Louis trip, but they do resemble the Canadian flag.

On the day that the $enate was confirming the electoral votes from the +rump/13iden election, there was much chaos when dozens of American citizens entered the Capit0l forcing the $enators to take cover and then escape.  Many have been arrested since then.  From what the news says, they are taking precautions at all 50 state capitals in the says leading up to the election.  Lansing has closed down all the roads in the immediate vicinity of the Capit0l building (Jan 17th) until further notice.  People online are very unhappy, they've started deleting accounts and shutting down websites.  I don't know if this is the beginning of a big change or just a small blip on the radar.  I am hoping for the latter.

For his 39th birthday, Billy requested a Grand Traverse Cherry pie.   Since the downtown location ahs been closed since November, so I drove all the way to Okemos just for pie.  = )  I also bought a chocolate pie that most of us had for breakfast that morning. ; )

I don't recall what we were watching, but the twins were happy to snuggle with daddy!  This was sadly the night before his kidney stone made for a rough weekend and lonely trip to the ER!

The twins were working on a money unit, and really enjoyed holding the coins in hand during the lessons.



Emily's simile made me smile. 



Alice did not care for drawing with the new drawing pad that we bought her for Christmas, but she does use it during math!


Juliet wanted to try something new, so I flipped her ponytail. Her hair looks just like Alice, back when she would let me style her hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment