25 February 2021

East Lansing for a Valentine's Day Celebration

My mom offered to watch our crew so that we could go overnight again.  We decided that the bed and breakfast we'd seen at the Jazz festival would be a good time.   Despite booking a month out, the room we wanted was occupied for Valentine's weekend proper, so we waited an extra week to get the room we wanted.

We arrived a little before check in, so we walked down to a very neat bookstore, that we'd visited on the BATYOT a few years ago, so that I could look for books for next year.  I found one, and several titles that I've already purchased, or that we used this year.  = )

When we went to check in, there were letters with guest names and instructions sitting on the table.  It had a very murder mystery feel, with no host. ; )

Our room was the safari room, and it was lovely.

Hallway.



Our room & bathroom.




Even a cute little balcony that would be perfect for morning coffee, if it weren't 10 below freezing and covered in snow.


We started the night at HopCat, because they had a nice beer menu that Billy was looking forward to, but we failed at selecting the correct location and looked at the Ann Arbor menu instead. = (  After trying one or two of the ones at this location, we moved to the Jolly Pumpkin.  It is definitely somewhere I want to go back to, though this trip didn't leave me with the best impression.  I think knowing what type of place they are now, I would go back and try something new. = )  We next went to a very typical college bar, the music was so loud we were shouting, and half of the playlist was from our own college days (20 years ago.)  We only lasted one drink, and then decided to go to "No Thai," a place that we saw on our walk to the bookstore, to settle whether or not they served Thai food.  They do and it is so good.  These two old people then called it a night and went back to our room.

The next morning I was up and waiting for breakfast to start (what?)  The breakfast was so good.  We then had time to kill in our room, and actually checked out before the end time!  Our next stop was a local coffee shop, but they were busy, and we had groceries to collect from two places!  

On the return trip to the car, we found some corporate art, and I just couldn't help myself!





Impressive icicles on a house across from the b&b.


It was a lovely trip, and my mom has generously offered another outing for our Anniversary next month, so we will go explore Ann Arbor in March!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment