07 October 2021

Homeschool Life

Having only a year under our belts, I still feel like we are homeschool n00bs, but we are starting to venture out into the world for lessons and activities.  Much of our day, of course, is still spent at home, but we try to have adventures when we can.

We were able to sign Emily up for a homeschool ballet class.  The first week, I didn't see anyone that I knew, but the following week I saw four ladies that I knew from MOPS!! It's lovely for me that she has some contacts in her new class, and I get to catch up with some of my favorite ladies on a non-mops day!


Last week, for nature study, one of the activity options was to make textured art.  I worried about it, because it was a super messy, and long, activity, but I think the kids really liked it.  And the art came out beautifully!  So, I would do it again, but probably not too soon.


Top: Alice created a pond scene, Emily picked an apple tree (see what I did there? lol.)
Bottom: William represented things found underground, Grace did a good job on a mushroom family in the sun, and Juliet chose a leaf adorned with caterpillar. 


In our nature reader, we learned about large trees, and how one of the biggest ever required 30 people to surround it.  So, we went out to our big tree, to see just how big that tree was.  Very big.


The mops kick off this year was at a park.  After it broke up, we did our nature walk.  Alice was not amused, and would not even attempt a smile for the camera.  So, I did what any mom would do, I told the others to look annoyed liked Alice.  


Juliet nailed the look, even Alice thought it was pretty funny.


The weather is quickly cooling down, so my days of enjoying the outdoors are winding down.  I'm sure glad that we got to spend these lovely warm days exploring!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment