11 September 2019

Saying Goodbye to Summer

Summer ended just as suddenly as it began, as it seems to do every year.  We did our best to live each of the final days to the full.

I made some supernatural sugar cookies.  The kids didn't like them since they didn't have chocolate.  I thought they were pretty good.


William likes to sprawl out on our bed, when given the opportunity.


Catching one last movie at the library. This time we went to the one near Aunt Rocky's house. They let you eat and watch at the same time.  Parking is nearby and free, so it might be our go to next year.  Also, everyone redeemed the rest of their summer reading prizes.  = )


Billy made one last round of burgers.  They were so colorful!


It is possible that William is more of a Texan than I am.  It was 73 degrees in our house, and he had on a fleece nightgown, put on his lined hoodie, and then wrapped up in his blanket.  It didn't last long, as the day warmed up, but I could not have comfortably put on that many layers.


Lazy summer games.


Shots are still on the agenda three times a week.


William's piano time    d    r   a   g    s       out every day.  Instead of buckling down and just learning the song and moving on he does this:


And this:


And several other acrobatics.  Now that the twins are learning the basics, I think he will finally be prompted to move on once they catch up to him.  If he would just buckle down and practice this piece, he could move on any day.

Hamster Holmes was the free book I chose on Alice's behalf, since she didn't want to pick anything.  It opened up all sorts of fun for the end of our summer.

I introduced my crew to the Hamster Dance song, from the earlier days of the internet.  This book also had a chart of Morse Code letters. So Emily and I had fun writing and translating notes back and forth for the day. = )


I'm always sad to see summer go, and I'm doubly sad about winter coming.  Hopefully I'll survive another Michigan winter.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment