Since we are spending less time together with school in session, we make the most of our weekends. = )
When Emily was in Ms. Jones class, she desperately wanted a Skippyjon Jones stuffie. I'd seen dozens at sales over the years, but it took my mom and I two years to find one! Emily was so excited. She dug out the book, and made her own journal: "Skippyjon Jones: Third Grade Adventures." Once she's done, we'll be giving the journal (and the stuffie) to our favorite first grade teacher. = )
We haven't gotten the list of roller-skate nights yet, but I found a pair of skates for Juliet. She had some that my mom bought new, just for her, but since they had a triangle formation on bottom, they were not allowed at the final skate night last year. = (
My search for a syrup container is over! I found this one at a yard sale in town. The container in the back was what I would put my favorite Canadian maple syrup in, while I looked for a better container. The Canadian brings down a 2L (?) container when she visits and I would literally cry if my children (or I) spilled it, so I take the time to transfer it.
Alice checked out a cookbook over the labor day weekend. She and Emily made us some fresh mini apple strudel pastries. They were quite tasty.
My babies still like to sit in my lap. = )
My mom found us a copy of the Oregon Trail board game. We played two rounds. In round one, we died early, and only Billy died of dysentery. In round two we were literally one card from winning when the last player died of hunger. = ( Oh, what fun memories of elementary school. Here's looking at you Cole & Jordan!
School has a way of wearing out my children, and the carpet in our living room has this mystic property of causing sleep. ; )
After months of looking, I found it! A sewing table that folds up in to a neat little cabinet. You place your sewing machine on the tray, and it lowers down to store and raises up to use. And it is so compact when not in use! It had wheels, and the knob on the door acted as a lock to keep the door from swinging open. There were trays that would swing out for scissors and tape measures and pin cushions. There were even thread and bobbin spindles.
Sadly, my machine was too big for the drop down tray. I was soooooo disappointed. It sat in our living room for almost an entire day before I finally conceded that I couldn't make it work.
I set it out on the curb and it sold the next day. I'm still torn up about it. = (
We had it on the tarp, so we could wrap it at night, to protect it from all the water in the air.
Grace won a puppy bank painting kit at Sunday School one week. When she finished, she wanted to use the rest of the paint on paper. = )
And now, we are already halfway to our next weekend!
later days











No comments:
Post a Comment