274th Day of Quarantine.
The high today was 54F
For dinner I laid out a simple charcuterie spread of meat, cheese, fruit & crackers. I've been doing this since the kids were little, but now it is super en vouge and has a fancy French name and everything!
------
273rd
The high today was 43F.
Billy and I are watching our way through the twilight saga. It's been several years for me, and with the new book release I had a renewed interest. Billy had never seen it and is enjoying it enough.
I got a call from Eaton county that 3 years ago they never came to do a 'final inspection' on our carport and someone will be out next Tuesday. I just have this terrible feeling that they are about to make me very angry.
I heated up leftovers for dinner.
------
272nd Day of Quarantine.
54F was the high.
In nature study we decorated solstice cookies! We found that on our winter solstice, we will only have about 8.5 hours of sunlight. = ( So, each of us decorated two (12 hour) cookies with 4 hours marked on each, to represent our tiny window of sunlight. I'm already ready to start heading out of winter, and we haven't even officially started yet.
And, with the extra (homemade) chocolate icing, they were able to make an extra Natural History 'cow spot' marshmallow!
Since we are studying the Iroquois in American History, I finally pulled out the boats and teepee that Aunt Wanda sent us. The kids were delighted!
For dinner we had Spaghetti.
------
271st Day of Quarantine.
47F. It was very chilly, but not as bitterly cold as yesterday.
After school finished up today, we played pig mania. We even talked Alice into playing a round with us!
Billy bought another gun. I bought a water filter system that just uses needs two buckets. Preparation in the fear of the unknown is comforting. What exactly we are preparing for I couldn't say, but it feels nice to have several contingencies planned out (interrupted utilities, temporary food shortage, etc.)
I made sugar cookies in anticipation of nature study tomorrow.
For dinner we had chicken teriyaki with rice.
------
270th Day of Quarantine. We are still, mostly, mostly, self isolating. There are some guidelines in place, so some things like movie theaters and indoor dining in restaurants is currently not 'allowed.' but most thing are open, there are no curfews and no one official is enforcing things on the average citizen.
37F was our high. No snow outside, but it is cold, so I made a marshmallow/popcorn snack scape & hot cocoa for my crew when they came inside from recess. = )
For dinner we had a late cheesy chicken and rice casserole. It was late, because I was late in leaving for the pharmacy and bank, since when I went to roll William's trundle bed away, it wouldn't collapse, because the kids were jumping on it and bent it. grr.
So, Billy and I spent time fixing that before I left, and even though I started on dinner practically straight away, the chicken needed adequate time to cook. It all worked out, and we were able to eat before Ms. Charlie cleaned the dining area (but she had started on the kitchen already.)
------
269th Day of Quarantine.
36F was our cold high today.
Our morning was the usual subjects, but a little faster. I left a checklist for the big girls with all the work that they needed to finish in our absence.
We made a trip up to Grand Rapids for an ultrasound for Juliet, bloodwork for all three, and a 6 month follow up with the endocrinologist. We brought school work, and I envisioned us sitting in the cafeteria, but we were not allowed in. = ( Since I always pack a lunch, this was not a huge blow, but it was not nearly as comfortable working on their lessons in the car.
The drive home was uneventful, and Emily defrosted the hamburger meat for me, so that I could make up hamburger helper for dinner.
------
268th Day of Quarantine.
30F was the freezing high today.
The kids enjoyed their nikolausstiefel treats.
Emily came with me to the grocery pick up, and then we went to the thrift store. We shopped for a long time, but didn't buy much.
Grace helped me address all the Christmas cards today. I was thankful for her help putting on the stamps (and drawing special pictures for all on the envelopes!) Sadly, this unexpected task cut into my reading time, and I did not finish Midnight Sun.
For dinner we had chicken noodles soup from a can, so that I could have a little leisure reading time.
-----
later days
















No comments:
Post a Comment