26 December 2020

Closing in on Christmas

288th Day of Quarantine.

28F was our high today.  That made it really cold when outside taking down all the Christmas lights!  There is still a layer of snow, so I ended up leaving Olaf's third stake in the ground, since I couldn't find it and was just too cold! 

I'm happy to report that all of our Christmas décor is labelled and stashed away for next year!

For lunch, Billy used one of his gift cards to Steak n Shake, and bought us all lunch. = )

I also got my file folders that are sorted by year labelled and ready for next year.

There was another stack of Christmas cards in our mailbox today, a nice Boxing Day surprise.  

The trash also ran (the delayed day) so it was nice to be able to empty the mudroom which was a temporary holding area for all the trash that wouldn't fit in from last week. = /  Back in the "before times" when we could recycle our cardboard boxes at Billy's work, we rarely filled our trash can.  But now, we fill it almost every week with all the boxes. = (

For dinner we had leftovers.  We finished the potatoes and green beans, but have plenty of ham.  So, I'll have to make a few things to use it all up. = )

-----

287th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was only 24F, but we were gifted our first "white Christmas" since we moved to Michigan!  

My mom braved the snow, and apparently the plowers did not have the day off, since the roads were looking pretty good.  

We had a fun time opening dozens of gifts!  Billy's favorite gift was an rtic tumbler (for water, that I customized, and am super happy that he loved!) 

My favorite was a 3-way tie between sugar cubes (WGJ), a hand warmer (from Billy, that I stick in my back pocket and feels soooo good) and llama earrings from Emily!  (Noteworthy are the tablecloth from the Helterbrands and blog book from Sarah and money, of course) = )  

Alice's favorite gift was from santa, an otamatone.  It is wildly annoying, but she is loving it (partially, I think, because I'm so annoyed by it. lol) 

Emily really liked her face painting kit from the Helterbrands.  


William has loved bouncing on his squeaky foam pogo stick.  He also really likes his light up mouse/keyboard and I know he will get lots of use out of it!

The twins loved their LOL surprise, but as soon as the Our Generation School was unwrapped, that became their toy of the day.  They have had so much fun with the lights and sounds and accessories, that even the market from Santa was not as loved!

For dinner, of course, we had leftovers. = )

Today, the lyrics of O Holy Night, have resonated with so many. "...the weary world rejoices."  Oh how we rejoice in the one true constant love, especially in the middle of turmoil (aka pandemic.)

------

286th Day of Quarantine.

The high today did not even make it to freezing.  Thankfully, I didn't have to go outside other than to bring in a package and take out the trash!

Billy had to work today, but got to "leave" a little early!

At around 4:30 the kids opened their new pajamas (the only gift they open on Christmas eve.)  Then, they started getting ready for church.   Then, we took pictures.



With lots and lots of outtakes.


Until I got one that I liked!

We "attended" the five o'clock service online.  I made hot chocolate (in disposable cups with lids) for them to drink while we watched.  I even made up some candles with protective paper circles so that the kids could participate.



For dinner we had lasagna.  

------

285th day of Quarantine.

51F was the high.

Avia and the twins picked up our Sam's club order, then went Christmas shopping.

The only time I ventured out is when I went to Goodwill to drop off a load of donations.

For dinner we had teriyaki chicken.

-----

284th day of Quarantine.

39F.  Warm enough to put out the snow sticks.

I went to a thrift store, where I ended up buying only books, and a copy of the Settlers of Cattan Board Game.  It was always such fun to play with the Prescotts! I ran a few other errands which included a trip by Biggby to taste an eggnog latte that has been in several books that I've read in the past few weeks!

The house smelled divine when I returned home.  We had a crock pot roast (or sandwiches) for dinner.

------

283rd Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 37F .

Emily & Avia went Christmas shopping.

Grace had a virtual appointment with her pulmonologist.  It's been a while since her sleep study, which came back completely normal. She was released unless we need them again in the future.  = )

My mailbox had a lovely pile of Christmas cards today!  So few had arrived, I was worried that we'd been removed from everyone's list!

Sadly, it was too cloudy for Saturn & Jupiter conjunction.  This event was highly anticipated, since it was the only time it would happen in our lifetime.  I did get to see some pictures online, of people who had better weather than we did. = )

Spaghetti for dinner.

-----

282nd Day of Quarantine.

37F was our high.

Church online today.

Grocery pick up.

Cookie delivery to Zoey and Kennedy.

Billy fixed the leaky pipes!

For dinner we had pizza.

-----

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment