William met with a doctor who was outgoing, and so this was our first meeting with the new, incoming, dental class doctor.
After reviewing all of the documentation that they had taken from William on his previous trip, they decided that for now, we are just going to wait. She indicated that he will, at some point in the future, have to have braces, but that time is not now. She wants to see what happens when all four of his front upper and lower teeth come in.
Some good news, he might be a candidate for Invisalign! I truly hope that he can, because driving to the dentist over an hour away, for a popped off bracket would be upsetting for all involved. It will take some serious discipline on our part, but I think we can do it!
But, for right now, his next appointment with the orthodontist isn't for 6 more months.
After his appointment, we found a cozy corner in which to eat lunch and for William to knock out his math, so that he didn't have to do it upon our return.
All in all, it was a good trip, a little long for what we actually learned, but I'll take any good news I can get about William's teeth!


No comments:
Post a Comment