We got some substantial snow the first two days of 2022.
Jan 1st:
For a while, we got just little dusting or a couple of inches here and there...
...but once February arrived, it came all at once. It came from a system that stretched all the way from here to Texas! Alice and I shovelled the front walk and driveways 3 times in 24 hours!! During our third clearing, one of our sweet, retired neighbors came by, snowplow on the front of his truck and cleared it for us! The piles that we had cleared the past two times were over my waist, making it harder to get the thick muck at the end of the driveway. It certainly felt like an answered prayer.
The picture absolutely cannot capture the brilliance of the sparkling snow!
Since we had so much snow, we decided to conduct an experiment. We gathered 11inches of snow, to see if the 1ft=1in snow in our book was correct. The first attempt we made, we stuffed the snow in really tight.
That gave us over 4 inches of water!!
For our second attempt, we gently scooped up some snow, and did not force it down.
We still ended up with over 2 inches of water.
We are expecting another round of snow tonight, but not as much (and there is a chance it will miss us altogether!) I took a picture yesterday, and today, while our temperatures were above freezing, so that I could compare to what snow we do get.
Feb. 17:
Feb 18:
I guess the snow has technically already started, but it is still "warm" enough out that it will turn to water. I'll for sure post an update if we get the snow they are predicting.
later days
No comments:
Post a Comment