22 February 2023

Emily's 12th Birthday Preperation

Emily's birthday is quickly approaching, but starting just after Billy's birthday, we began crafting some fun things for her party!  I ordered some 'special' m&m's whose colors have become the color scheme for her party.

She started by painting some box board from the recycling.


The next morning, we were able to trace a large butterfly and a small butterfly onto one half of the board, and just a large butterfly on the other half.

With an exacto, I painstakingly cut out the smaller butterfly on each board.  Emily made sure that the same number of m&m's were present in each favor.

She placed her selections in a plastic sandwich baggie.


We placed the top over the baggie and the back, then I took them up to my sewing machine and sewed them closed.


I, personally, think they came out super cute!  There were plenty of leftover m&m's so people can eat mini Emilys at the party, then have some to take home too. = )

We tried making butterflies from dough with limited success.

But her origami butterfly invitations were quite pretty when finished!


She did have to wait over a month before it was close enough to pass them out, but now she's been able to pass them to all of her friends, and we are concentrating on the food already!!

I'll post a few more posts in the coming days, to be sure, to show our birthday girl before, during and after her celebration!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment