This past week, the third graders took a field trip each day of the week to go to downtown Lansing for a week of interactive history! One of the perks of living so close to the state capital.
I was lucky enough to be able to join her on Tuesday, and my mom, despite her recent travels, joined her on Friday.
These pictures are all from my time with her.
For most of the day, we stayed together as a group, and I was just a member of the audience during the presentations. I even had the opportunity to ask questions!
Admittedly, this was one of the more sad moments I've experienced since we've been here. Alice learning another states' history over Texas' just feels incredibly sad. I know it's the reality of living away from home, but it brought me almost to tears (a few times.)
The largest elevator I've ever ridden in: (the entire class fit!)
When it was time to break into groups, our team chose to hang out in the mining gallery.
We met back up with the group to eat lunch, then separated out again to read and journal. From there it was almost time to go, and I headed out to take William to another doctor's appointment.
It was a fun day spent with my favorite third grader!
later days
P.S. A picture of Alice making Avia's lunch for the day she came with her class.























No comments:
Post a Comment