It feels like we've been out of school more than in school this February! Normally, I feel like we are limping along, barely making it to the next break, but our first spring break is upon us, and we are well rested already! We will have to make up at least one day at the end of the year, which is not too bad considering we've been out of school for 10 days, though I'm not looking forward to it.
One of the storms blowing in. It was cold!
I helped my mom clean out a closet at her church, that I'm pretty sure hadn't been cleaned & sorted in 40 years. For my efforts I got first dibs from the donate pile, and picked out some fun vintage fabric!
However, when I went to add it to my current stash, the lid of my fabric trunk wouldn't shut, so it was time to konmari my fabric. I kept most of what I had, but got rid of prints that we'd outgrown, or special pieces that I couldn't think of a project I'd ever seen that would call for them. I purged more than I added, so now my trunk closes easily each time I open it!
I set out some fabric that I'd saved to make a purse for my sister, and decided that should we have another snow day, that would be my project.
The weather did not fail to produce another snow day, so after our morning routines, I sewed.
I made a bowtie for William to match his sisters' Easter dresses.
And finished my sister's purse. It is a lovely upholstery fabric, but some of the seams were a bit thick for my needle and I ended up breaking one. = ( It was totally worth it though.
My children played dress up (notice the bag of outgoing fabric in the background?)
And played with some craft beads, also from the closet, that I picked out for a MOPS craft later this year. = )
I had to reschedule the little one's dentist appointment a second time! At least now it is planned for April, so hopefully we will be all done with the snow by then.
Here's to some warmer weather, which is certainly on the way? soon, please?
later days











No comments:
Post a Comment