Emily and Alice had knocked out their valentine cards for their friends during some of our frequent snow days. While grace had finished some, Juliet and William hadn't finished any. So, Cutting it close for my comfort, we knocked out all the cards on Monday during homework time.
Since we had extra snow days both Tuesday and Wednesday, we could have waited, but it was nice be finished.
Emily wore a special outfit, and so I did her hair 'special' too.
My current outlook on life has me not wanting to shower my children with "tawdry gifts and shallow flattery" so they were gifted a simple stuffie and pair of little Debbie heart cakes from me.
Emily named her stuffed poodle "caniche" after my grandma Sondra's mom's dog, who looked very similar. = )
William loves his little "mike."
Grace's frog was named Karopi, since that is one of Hello Kitty's friends. Though, when she says it, it's slightly mispronounced as "crappy." Which is entertaining for us, but we should probably rename the frog.
Juliet's seahorse is one of Ariel's "friends." The most memorable one in the movie is Harold. So that is his name.
I'm not sure what Alice named her seal, but he would definitely be friends with a narwhal. Or maybe dinner for one?
My mom gifted them each a pair of socks, which went over super well! Though, the twins didn't have a chance to open theirs before school, since the bus comes early. = )
With all of the snow days, we didn't receive notice of the time for the twins' party until Sunday, and it naturally fell at the same time as the big kids' just at a different school. Since Alice had personally invited Avia to attend her party, I tapped her to bounce to Emily and William as well, so that I could represent for the twins. = )
They were happy to see me, and I helped pass out their valentine cards. Favorite station, the pretzel icing station:
Working together!
Juliet wanted her creation to match the one on the package.
These pictures are from my mom of the big kids' parties:
William gave Vivi a special valentine gift. Her mom sent this picture to me last night:
As for my valentine, he bought me my newest plant. May I present to you George...Bush.
He joins the ranks of my other loved houseplants:
Winchester (SPN), he's a thyme plant, who I thought I'd lost, but he came back just like the characters in the show.
And [name in progress], my beautiful succulent that came home with me from MOPS last year.
I got Billy a STEAM gift card, that still hasn't arrived. = /
So thankful for all of my valentines and the fun they provide on all the other days too!
later days


















No comments:
Post a Comment