120th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 80F.
We had a lovely lazy day.
Before lunch, Billy walked to Carl's to get the makings for chips and queso.
Grace made spaghetti and meatballs for lunch, with just a little help from me. = )
I made a little progress on the pile of masks.
Billy went to get Wendy's for a late dinner, but ended up taking my car since his car did not start. = ( Hopefully it's just a battery issue, but we won't find out until tomorrow.
We watched some Jim Gaffigan comedy and the first episode of Carnival Row. I'm not that into it, but we might give it another chance, sometimes it takes a few episodes for things to get going.
-------
119th Day of Quarantine
The high today was a warm, rainy 79F.
We were up and at it early today, since we had quite a list of things to do!
For Art this week, the kids followed a tutorial to draw some funny monsters! They each inserted their personalities into their products and I was so impressed!
Once morning activities were finished, Emily and I ran some 'consolation' packages by the Eaton's & Stepp's.
Jessica modelling some of the goodies! <3
Matt and Deb with their gear:
We then dashed home so that I could grab William and get to Hastings for an 11:50 covid test for him, in preparation for his surgery on Monday.
There is not a good direct path, so we ended up zigzagging the backroads. I had trouble twice, due to road names being the same. In Vermontville, Main Street intersects with Main Street! And in Hastings, two roads called State Rd. come in from the East. We did make it on time, but just so.
We were there less than 5 minutes, and only that long because William fought me when it was time to take his sample. (This was not the awful test with the swab in the throat, but an easier one that they just need to poke the swab in his nose.)
When we left, we decided to go to a few touristy spots on the trip home. We saw a park called Fish Hatchery Park. It was a very nice park, and there were tons of fish in the water!
I found 6 fish (or most of a fish) in this picture:
The playground was open, but there was a party going on in the pavilion, so we were trying to keep our distance from the other park goers.
We found a very cool tank in downtown Vermontville. William thought it was cool enough to get out and take another picture. = )
We stopped for gas in town, since we have such an early morning Monday.
Once we got home it was time to pick up and put things away. Then check the mail, and get started on dinner, since we had a Zoom scheduled with the Stepps at 5! It was nice to 'party' with them for a few minutes and catch up.
The weather today has been very rainy, so, had the party occurred as planned earlier this year, we would have all been in the carport with our swing music, root beer and liquorice.
For dinner we scarfed down Hamburger Helper (that Juliet requested.)
We finished off the day with some Kim Possible. = )
--------
118th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 80F.
We had a lovely lazy day.
Before lunch, Billy walked to Carl's to get the makings for chips and queso.
Grace made spaghetti and meatballs for lunch, with just a little help from me. = )
I made a little progress on the pile of masks.
Billy went to get Wendy's for a late dinner, but ended up taking my car since his car did not start. = ( Hopefully it's just a battery issue, but we won't find out until tomorrow.
We watched some Jim Gaffigan comedy and the first episode of Carnival Row. I'm not that into it, but we might give it another chance, sometimes it takes a few episodes for things to get going.
-------
119th Day of Quarantine
The high today was a warm, rainy 79F.
We were up and at it early today, since we had quite a list of things to do!
For Art this week, the kids followed a tutorial to draw some funny monsters! They each inserted their personalities into their products and I was so impressed!
Once morning activities were finished, Emily and I ran some 'consolation' packages by the Eaton's & Stepp's.
Jessica modelling some of the goodies! <3
Matt and Deb with their gear:
We then dashed home so that I could grab William and get to Hastings for an 11:50 covid test for him, in preparation for his surgery on Monday.
There is not a good direct path, so we ended up zigzagging the backroads. I had trouble twice, due to road names being the same. In Vermontville, Main Street intersects with Main Street! And in Hastings, two roads called State Rd. come in from the East. We did make it on time, but just so.
We were there less than 5 minutes, and only that long because William fought me when it was time to take his sample. (This was not the awful test with the swab in the throat, but an easier one that they just need to poke the swab in his nose.)
When we left, we decided to go to a few touristy spots on the trip home. We saw a park called Fish Hatchery Park. It was a very nice park, and there were tons of fish in the water!
I found 6 fish (or most of a fish) in this picture:
The playground was open, but there was a party going on in the pavilion, so we were trying to keep our distance from the other park goers.
We found a very cool tank in downtown Vermontville. William thought it was cool enough to get out and take another picture. = )
We stopped for gas in town, since we have such an early morning Monday.
Once we got home it was time to pick up and put things away. Then check the mail, and get started on dinner, since we had a Zoom scheduled with the Stepps at 5! It was nice to 'party' with them for a few minutes and catch up.
The weather today has been very rainy, so, had the party occurred as planned earlier this year, we would have all been in the carport with our swing music, root beer and liquorice.
For dinner we scarfed down Hamburger Helper (that Juliet requested.)
We finished off the day with some Kim Possible. = )
--------
118th Day of Quarantine
The high today was 93F. We had some light rain blow in this afternoon dropping the temperature to not so warm by the time I took out the trash.
I spent some time today cleaning the mailbox and painting the flag back to a bright red. It isn't perfect, but it does look better. = )
For dinner we had PF Chang's Honey Chicken and rice. Everyone liked it.
I spent some time picking out fabric and cutting out masks to give away. I think they will go up to the kids' (previous) school (assuming it opens.) If not, I'll find somewhere else to donate them. I also made myself another mask using my bluebonnet fabric that I found buried deep in my fabric chest. = )
--------
117th Day of Quarantine
The high today was 90F. We had some clouds roll in this afternoon, bringing rain (hopefully) and cooling things off. = (
Alice finally had her final appointment with her eye therapy doctor today. Originally it was scheduled for April, and was bumped back today. She exited the program with flying colors! She will not have to do the exercises any longer. And, as a bonus, the doctor did her yearly 'check up' so we won't need to make another eye appointment for her until next year!
After we left the doctor, we went up to Menard's to gather science supplies. It feels good to have most of the list squared away at this point. = )
For dinner we are having beans and hotdogs.
--------
116th Day of Quarantine
The high today was 94F! We spent some time on the porch this afternoon enjoying the warm air and cool breeze.
For Alice's monster, she chose to draw the flag of Albania, inspired by one of the monsters in the book. = )
For Alice's monster, she chose to draw the flag of Albania, inspired by one of the monsters in the book. = )
The washer repair man came today and fixed my washer (just as 5pm approached.) It seems to be working perfectly. Now, I just need to get caught up on my backlog of laundry!
A nurse called for William's pre-surgery chat. She gave me bad news about his covid test. We will have to go on Friday to a hospital almost an hour out for him to be tested. = ( I'm not looking forward to this additional drive on top of his 7:15am ear tube procedure. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the early timeslot (since he will have to fast) but two drives just days apart for less than fun medical procedures is not really my favorite.
For dinner, I made grilled cheese served with a side of grapes. It was simple, but everyone seemed to enjoy it. = )
---------
115th Day of Quarantine.
Thought I'd take a moment to reiterate that it is currently voluntary. We are not required to distance ourselves from society by any governing entity. I'm feeling lonely, and I know the kids are missing their friends, and Billy is missing the comradery of the office, but it is for the best.
It was bound to happen, and finally did. Someone that I knew (in high school) is living through the corona virus. He's posting updates each day, which might be helpful should the virus find it's way to us. Michigan is fairly isolated from the raging cases in Texas and Florida, but as people travel, gather and party the situation can quickly change.
The high today was a perfect summer temperature of 92F! Billy worked out on the porch (but did commandeer the box fan from our room.) We ran the air conditioner inside though.
Today was busy. This morning I picked up groceries, got gas, went by the bank, dropped letters at the post office, took the medicine recycling box to FEDEX, and then dropped the mixed recycling at Sarah's.
When I came home, I decided to tackle the science list, and it is a doozy. I have many of the items, but will need to claim a few from future recycling and make a trip to Menard's for the rest.
I've been feeling a bit introspective the last few weeks, as old memories crop up. I recognized that one of the main influences in my skirt wearing was probably my 2nd/4th grade teacher (Mrs. Gerrick) who wore broomstick skirts much of each year. Also, Mark Lester (of Oliver circa 1968) was the vision of how any of my boy children would be. William does have some traits, though not the ones I would have predicted. = )
I also came to the conclusion today that very soon many people are going to switch to homeschooling, and it would be best if I finished purchasing the books for the later terms. I realize this will mean that some of them will not be used (since I'm combining Forms I & II) but I don't want to not be able to get a book that we need, due to lack of supply. So, finishing up book shopping has moved up on my todo list.
For dinner we had leftover steak & veggie PF Changs veggie egg rolls. I though it was tasty, the kids thought I was trying to kill them. ::eyeroll:: Billy was middle of the road, but didn't' complain.
--------
114th Day of Quarantine
The temperature today is expected to reach 90F.
I emptied the pool yesterday, cleaned it and started to refill it today. Most of the kids spent their 'hour outside' in the filling pool.
The laundry is quickly piling up. I'm ready for our repair guy to come Tuesday!
For dinner we had frozen dinners.
I'm trying my best to engross myself in another book, but am still feeling too emotionally involved in the cormoran strike series to fully engage in another series.
Our 'indoor' plants that I place outside for the nice temperatures were eaten and torn apart (probably by a chipmunk) so I moved them inside for safety.
later days











No comments:
Post a Comment