22 July 2020

3rd Week of July

134th Day of Quarantine

The high today was 87F.

I spent a good portion of my day reading. I've almost finished Ghost Story, from the Dresden Files.

Emily cooked Salisbury steak and potatoes for dinner.  She's been on a cooking kick, and I'm not going to complain!

Watched the Jim Gaffigan special and the first few episodes of Upload.

---------

133rd Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today was 82F.

Our art project this week was spirographs.



The twins got in their new shoes. They decided to dress up as "unicorns" including fairy wings and painted nails? Oh, and their new shoes.  Speaking of which, I brought them over separately to show them their options, and they picked the same ones.



Emily made egg fried rice for dinner.  = )

We ended the day with a Kim Possible and Tea marathon.

----------

132nd Day of Quarantine

The high today was 81F.

Billy comes home today!!!!!!

Sarah came over to mow the lawn and also retrieved the tomato cages (that I couldn't even pay my children to collect from behind the shed.) She Brought seven, and he was none to happy that she "left" him.  William tried to console him as best he could.



The three little ones had their yearly follow up appointment with the plastic surgeon.  It took less than 5 minutes. I am so thankful for these virtual appointments!

My current, slow, project is renaming all of the pictures that cycle through my frame with names, locations and years.

Billy wants to get a digital frame when he returns to work, and this might help if he wants to know more about the picture that cycles through. = )  Plus, eventually, I'm not going to know all of these things any longer.  Some of the pictures from a few years back are starting to fade in clarity.  Thank goodness for pictures!

For dinner we had honey chicken.  Billy surprised my by coming straight home and actually eating my cooking (so I had to reheat it.)  I'm so happy to have him back though!

Tonight I finished Charlie's Angels, this time with Emily.  Grace fussed at me as I was cleaning up that I didn't "tell her."  I guess I thought that carrying the teapot through the living room was obvious. = )  There was enough in the pot left for her though. = )

------

131st Day of Quarantine

The high today was 83F.  We are expecting some heat this weekend though.

Sarah came over with Seven and donuts this morning.  She played games with the kids while I went to the dentist.  I also had to wait in the car for a screening, but my dentist office answers the phone and is not ridiculous. They have all sorts of protection in place too!





I paid some bills and worked on gathering the paperwork for the kids' insurance appeal.

For dinner we had chicken noodle soup (Campbell's.)  William decided it was so bad he would rather sleep at the table than to eat the terrible dinner that everyone else really liked.


Once the kitchen was clean, I watched Twilight and Grace and I shared some tea.  I miss Billy.  We started Charlie's Angel's, since I hadn't seen it in years and years.  But I started the sequel first, so now they are both partially watched in my queue. lol

Grace snagged Billy's spot for the final night of his trip.  Or as she told aunt Rocky, his "vacation." haha.



------

130th Day of Quarantine

The high today was 83F.

We managed to get out the door with much more time to spare than I thought we would, so we drove a goodbye gift out to the Mitterling's before Emily's appointment.  It was a bucket filled with items that you always seem to need (and can't find) the first day of a move! (toilet paper, scissors, writing utensil, etc...)

Emily's dentist appointment was just after 11, and we made it there with time to spare.  I really am annoyed every time we go.  I sent them a text when we arrived, didn't hear anything back, so 10 minutes before her appointment i called, and no one answered, and then they came to the door in a huff.  Since William and the twins go to a specialty dentist now, I really need to move the big girls.


For lunch we went to Chick fil A.  They were busy, and got busier when we were parked and eating our lunch.

I finished watching the ABC murders, and when Grace saw me in the room watching the show she talked me into another pot of tea. = )

For dinner we had quesadillas and grapes.

William lost tooth ($10!)  He was excited to sleep with the tooth pillow.  I was sad that I had to stay up late to be the tooth fairy.


Alice and Emily fought over Billy's spot last night.  I ended up laying a row of pillows between us, so that I didn't wake up to knees or elbows in the night.



---------

129th Day of Quarantine

The high today was a pleasant 83F.

I picked up groceries, it was uneventful.

When I cam home Billy was all packed for his trip.  He left just before noon, and I felt restless the rest of the day.


For dinner we had tortellini and ravioli with tomato sauce.

I finally watched Hamilton, I definitely get the hype, it is quite good.


I also watched a new adaptation of the ABC murders. It was well done, but David Suchet will always be Poirot to me.
--------

128th Day of Quarantine

The expected high today is 82F.  It is currently dark and rainy.  Once the rain cleared it was a perfectly lovely evening.

We called Avia and sang a happy birthday before we ate a birthday cake, in her honor of course.



I made oven chicken nuggets and corndogs for lunch, then packed them up and we took them to go.  I made up paper bags with an entrée, yogurt, pretzels, cookie and prize for my little ones.  Apparently food tastes better out of a paper bag and in the car, since I had no complaints. = )

Billy needed to run to mendards for some screws, and I was assembling a goodbye gift for the Mitterlings who are moving "up north" this month.  I also did some shopping for Grace and Juliet's schultüten!  I cannot believe that the twins make for my last round, already!  I feel like Alice just opened hers.

For dinner we had a combination of leftovers and individual freezer meals.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment