113th Day of Quarantine
We are expecting a lovely high of 88F for the Fourth of July!
After sleeping in, I ran to Sam's to buy a table to home Billy's 3D printer. We are setting it up in the girls room, but needed to get rid of the queen bed (that no one sleeps in) first.
So, Sarah came over and I helped her disassemble the box spring, then we loaded up the bed into her truck. I ordered a twin set up to replace it, but it should fit under the bed entirely, making it a 4 person single bunk bed.
Those of us who dressed up for the holiday:
Billy grilled out steaks and hotdogs for a late lunch. We ate part of the leftovers from lunch as well as other leftovers for dinner.
I tried to start a few new books, but as of now, none will replace what I've finished. I feel so listless.
William helped me cut up our first watermelon of the season!
Emily, William and I went out to watch the lightening bugs and see if we could spy any fireworks. We saw a few over the treetops. = )
---------
112th Day of Quarantine
Today the expected high was 91F!
Sarah had to put Meggie down at the vet this morning. It started the day very sad.
In art this week, the kids used a 3D printed heart lid whose handle broke. Their job was to create art using the heart as a stencil. Emily decided to mail hers off to the Helterbrand cousins, along with the stencil, so that they could make some too!
We had a Toy Story marathon, where we watched all 4 of them back to back!
For dinner Billy walked down to pick up Pizza.
--------
111th Day of Quarantine
Today the expected high is the long awaited 90F!
And, since we are approaching a holiday weekend (as always) my washing machine failed. in the middle of a wash. = ( I tried a few tips and tricks before calling the warranty company. They had me try a few other troubleshooting measures, then set me up for an appointment next Tuesday. In terms of waiting that is an eternity.
I called Sarah to see if I could come wash the load that was unfinished, and the load that Juliet threw up on this morning. She was out, so she offered to come get it and launder it for me. Seriously, what would I do without my sister?
I pulled the wet towels from the wash, and went outside to wring them by hand. Seriously tough work for me in my machine filled life. Now I understand why those wringers over the washtubs were ubiquitous.
For dinner we had leftovers from last night. = )
I'm suffering from a great deal of ennui after finishing the last published Cormoran Strike book. The next one isn't due out until September.
-------
110th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 89F.
Sarah came over to mow the lawn before we are officially in the 90s this weekend. She splashed the kids while they played in the pool, then gave Alice a second driving lesson.
For dinner we had chicken alfredo and chips and queso. So, mostly chips and queso.
--------
109th Day of Quarantine
The epected high today was 87F, again, but we broke down and turned on the ac. Outside was pleasant, but inside it was just too warm without a nice breeze.
For dinner we had a smorgasbord of leftovers and small freezer entrees.
--------
108th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today is 87F.
I was out the door for my grocery run before any of the kids came down. I dropped the packages in the mail then headed to Sarah's to dump the recycling. When I got to Kroger, I found out that I can now check in with the app, and I don't even have to call!!!!
William has been very interested in knives as of late, so I told him that I would teach him how to use it properly. He cut up a sweet pepper, and ate it with fervor, then asked to cut another. As long as he is snacking healthy, I told him go for it.
Grace had a virtual pulmonology appointment. It was such a short appointment, I would have been annoyed to make the long drive to Grand Rapids to attend in person. So, I was thankful for the virtual meeting. We will go in in 6 months to check her lung function (or something along those lines.) If the results are normal, she won't have to go back in for a few years. And if it's not, well we'll discuss it then.
I finished the suspenseful 3rd book in the Cormoran Strike series and was thankful that there was a fourth one to move onto.
For dinner we had orange chicken. Alice started her period today, not even 11 years old. = (
---------
107th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today is 85F.
After online church, I finished assembling the 'souvenir' packages to mail out, and took care of various other tasks.
Once all of my chores were tended, I went outside to watch the kids swim. Everyone went out, because Sunday bedtime was becoming unreasonably difficult on days they did not go out to play.
After assembly line showers, I spent the evening reading the third Cormoran Strike book. This one is the most intense so far.
Billy was troubleshooting his printer for the past few days, since he could not get Emily's heart shaped box to print. Turns out it was the nozzle. So, once he got that changed out, her box printed out beautifully and he started on an owl for Juliet.
For dinner we had a variety of leftovers. Since my grocery day is Monday, it is clean out the refrigerator day.
later days





No comments:
Post a Comment