17 October 2020

2nd Week of October

218th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 54F.

Sarah came over and mulched up the leaves in the yard.  

I finished up the math exams for the kids.  I might add some problems if one of them makes some serious progress in the next couple of weeks.

For dinner we had egg fried rice.

-----

217th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a frozen morning dew, at 53F.

It was super productive.  I almost completed my to do list!  Billy and I voted (and I delivered the ballots to the box in person.) 


Then I took the supplies that I've collected for 8 months up to the school!  



I raked some leaves (both before and) after the vacuum came through.  I worked on creating exams for Term I, and made the files to send to the tablet for Term II.



Billy spent his afternoon at the office, trying to track down parts for an upcoming trip to a manufacturing plant. 

For dinner, Grace helped me make spaghetti!

------

216th day of Quarantine.

The high today was a cold, windy, 'freezing' 50F.

Today was our "Friday." As our final subject we went to find a "special tree" to draw for nature study. Then, we rubbed the bark with a crayon and paper.



From there, we went up to drop off the recycling and pick up some bags from Aunt Rocky's.

For dinner we had ham steaks with potatoes (Juliet's request) and mixed vegetables.

-----

215th day of Quarantine.

The high today was a windy, chilly 64F.

The kids spent extra time outside piling the leaves.  Here Grace and Juliet are burying Emily.



For dinner, we had a William request: BBQ sandwiches!

-----

214th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 68F.

Attempted to teach William to whistle with a blade of grass.

I scored a heater at the thrift shop.

For dinner we had meatloaf!

-----

213th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 69F.

The big girls made a ornithopter in science, and we all enjoyed taking turns trying to get it to glide.





I got caught up on the latest episode of Supernatural tonight.  It's just not real to me that it is coming to an end.

The three little ones had a virtual ophthalmology appointment today, right on the heels of our school day.

For dinner we had teriyaki chicken.

-------

212th Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today was 68F.  It was cool enough for a jacket when I went to get groceries. 

Sarah came over and blew all the leaves to the curb, since pick up starts on Monday.

I made it back to the estate sale, didn't get but a single book, but found a few other fun things for people in my life. = )

For dinner we had ziti.

-----

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment