05 October 2020

Saying Goodbye September, Hello October

204th Day of Quarantine.

After breakfast, the twins and I made up a batch of sugar cookie dough.  It's currently spending it's two hour solidifying period in the refrigerator right now.

Billy went to Carl's for me and bought some chicken breasts so that I could try my hand at chicken satay.  One of the restaurants in Lansing has been bringing it to the farmer's market each week, but the farmer's market is ending this month! = ( So, I thought I'd at least try. A little garlic salt, a little olive oil, a lot of turmeric.  I've got the bamboo skewers soaking and the meat marinating for tomorrow.

We made the cookies and then I cooked up spaghetti for dinner.

------

203rd Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a very chilly, frost on the ground, kind of morning, 55F.

Today we did not have school, since we finished our four days yesterday.  I think we all approve of the extra time off!

They announced today that President Trump contracted the corona virus, and has been moved to the hospital.  We are exactly one month from the election, so there are all sorts of theories and nonsense floating around on the internet.  ("the opposition did it" "it's a publicity stunt and he's not ill")  I personally think he is sick, but have a shade of distrust, because I don't trust the media, since they rarely report things without an opinion (or political motive) attached.

For dinner we had cottage pie.  It was so so good. It's not Billy's favorite, so I don't make it very often, and I had forgotten just how much I love it!  I was able to make a double batch, so we have one in the freezer for later.

Sarah came by twice.  The first time for her document verification and the second time to bring Grace some savory crackers.  She does tend to spoil us!

------

202nd Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a partly rainy and partly sunny 55F.

Billy had to go to one of the other plants today, so he was out the door before we started our school day.

We made it through our first 'permanent' 4 day week, and I hope the kids like it, because I am excited!

For dinner we are having hamburger helper and corn.

After school, we also decorated for Halloween!  (The tiny supply of decorations we have) The kids were excited though, and I feel like that is what is important. = )

We are doing an 'indoor' trick or treat this year, so we are putting up a few extra touches to be more festive! = )






------

201st Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 59F.

We had tacos for dinner.

-----

Today was the 200th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a slightly warmer 63F.

Emily and Billy both had dentist appointments today, so Sarah came over to mow the lawn and watch the kids so that I didn't have to drag all 5 to Emily's appointment.

I finished my book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.  Billy watched some more of the The Boys.  I've decided it is just to graphic for me to get much out of the story line.  But, I'll probably try again when one of my favorite actors, Jensen Ackles, makes an apperance.  Luckily, Billy is giving me the run down each day.

For dinner we had chicken alfredo farfalle.  Emily had chicken noodle soup, since her mouth was sore from the dentist.

------

Today was the 199th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a very cold 56F. I'm not ready!

For dinner we had orange chicken and rice.

------

Today was the 198th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 75F.

We picked up our babies after the weekly grocery run. I think they had a really good time. = )





Despite this being what Alice did most of her visit, she really enjoyed watching her tablet at Aunt Rocky's house. ; )




For dinner I heated up the cheese and noodle casserole that Sarah sent over last week.  It was really good!

-----

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment