11 October 2020

The First week of October

211th Day of Quarantine

68F

Started new Jim Carrey Biography.

Billy sanded, then Grace and I painted the back porch.  It was the final item on my summer home improvement list and I'm so happy that we had such a nice weekend to finish it off!

We also put away summer things, and got out winter things.  I need to winterize my car, but am still currently waiting to get it back from the mechanic.

leftovers or sandwiches

------

210th Day of Quarantine.

79F

We had pizza for dinner.

On the way to picking up pizza, I happened upon an estate sale.  I didn't get much, since they were closing, but they had soooooo many books (and so much other stuff) that I hope to return.

Finished book.  It was a good ending, but not a happy ending.

------

209th Day of Quarantine.  I do feel obliged to include today that much of society has reopened, and we are independently deciding to isolate.  There is no fear of the illness in particular, more fear of misinformation about the coronavirus, therefore, we cannot make a sound decision, and the best of all options is to stay put.

Today was cooler, but still coming in at 67F.  I am totally okay with this as an October temperature.

Grace's handwriting was just beautiful, I had to share!


Alice is quickly shifting from child to teenager, and I'm having so much fun with it. Whenever I say something it's either "soooo sarcastic" or annoying. She has no idea how flattering it is to me that she thinks I'm sarcastic!  She wouldn't say it any more if she knew, I'm sure.

My favorite is her current reaction to the way I say her name when I pull out her stick (for her turn to answer during lessons.) Apparently I was "too excited." So, after having a little fun with that, I tried to say her name as mundanely as possible. She didn't like that either. Apparently "too excited" is better than "bored."

For nature study, we did some pumpkin activities.  We guessed how much the pumpkin weighed (Juliet won), and voted whether or not it would float.  Then, we cut it open to see the seeds, and made some pumpkin seeds and I made a pumpkin pie. = )



For dinner I made some PF Changs Ramen mixed with some of the cheap stuff.  I thought it was pretty good, Billy really enjoyed it.

Tonight was our second mops meeting of the year.  I've switched over to the virtual group, and really enjoy it.

------

208th Day of Quarantine.

Somehow, we were gifted a second comfortable 69F day, in October!

For dinner we had sausage and beans.  Well, everyone but Billy who opted for candy instead.

Also, I'm reading the new Suzanne Collins book, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, and it is really good.  = )

------

207th Day of Quarantine.

Today was a respectable 67F, and probably the last comfortable day of 2020.

In German we are learning some morning routine phrases, so I pulled up a German teeth brushing song that we enjoyed.  I managed to jot down the first chunk of it, before I was completely stumped and had to consult a real German.  Thankfully, she helped me get most of it squared away, and I wrote up a translation for us to use tomorrow during our German lesson. = )

For dinner we had tikka masala.

------

206th Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today is 58F.

We started our 8th week of homeschool, and homeschool is a lot like having toddlers, the days are long, but the weeks are flying!

We played a board game that I bought for my potential German classroom 15 years ago (and never used.) But today, I got to play it for the first time with my big girls!!!  Alice won, and they enjoyed the break from our usual German drills. = )


During science they created a webbed glove, based on one of DaVinci's models.



For dinner we are having a crockpot potato & beef in a wine sauce.  The house smells really good!

------

205th Day of Quarantine.

53F Was the high.

After online church, picked up groceries, in Billy's car, since mine is still in the shop.

For dinner we had the chicken Satay.  It wasn't as good at the restaurant's recipe, but not bad either.

------

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment