For one of our Nature Study activities, the kids copied a leaf into their journals.
Alice added a "character" that she made from hers.
Emily's was very well done and true to size.
William's leaf must have been one of the first off the tress this year, but he did a valid representation I think.
Grace traced her leaf before coloring it in, and was happy to add some background too.
Juliet's leaf matched in color and primary lines pretty well, in my opinion!
We finished Term I last week (already??) and so I had my "getting ready for science" day, where I sort all the items into baggies and label them for the day. The curriculum is awesome and comes with "cards" that let you know what is for each lesson, as well as the master list, which helps get together all of the items you'll need throughout the year.
Another not so successful experiment. We got it spinning a bit, but the wind took it out 2 minutes into our observation. = /
I think we are all enjoying the curriculum more this year, and the science has been pretty fun. I'm excited that William will get to join us for experiments next year!
later days








No comments:
Post a Comment