01 October 2022

Emily's 6th Grade Zoo Trip

At the end of September, Emily's class took a weeklong field trip to the zoo!  I signed up to help on Monday and Tuesday*.  It was very chilly, especially being outside the entire time, but after a trip to my car for a blanket, I felt better.

Emily was much better prepared, as she followed the list of recommended items to the letter.




I think Emily had a really nice time and learned some cool animal facts.  They got to go behind the scenes in several animal habitats, and spend time each day studying individual animals.

Emily might add some extra details here, so I'm leaving this as a marker for her.  But if she doesn't it can just stay.

I'm super thankful for our local zoo, and what a wonderful resource it is for our whole community!

later days

*On Tuesday morning, I woke up throwing up.  I felt awful.  I was going to power through, because I felt so bad cancelling my offer of help the second day, but I couldn't do it.  I managed to drop of the kids at school, then came home and slept for 3 hours.  I still didn't feel great, but I felt better. Sadly, I already had plans in place for the remainder of the week, so I was unable to offer another day of my time.

Edit: posted closer to the date of the event, for the sake of continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment