After a driving tour of South Haven after our Jellystone trip this year, Billy and I put South Haven at the top of our return to list. So, when my mom offered us an overnight getaway, we knew exactly where we wanted to go.
It was a little chilly that weekend (compared to the days surrounding it) but not yet cold. Our first destination was Admiral Jack's. Sadly, they were not open, Google had lied. So, we decided to go to the restaurant that brought us to South Haven early (we were saving them for dinner): Captain Lou's. Disappointment of disappointments, they were closed for a private event the entire day. = (
We ended up at another fun restaurant instead, which was slightly sad, but turned out to be okay. They had boat seating, but with the rain, we opted for inside.
As usual, we found lots of corporate art.
Billy found a new all-time favorite mac and cheese.
At one of our stops, they had the Chiefs vs. Cardinals football came on. Of course, I root for KS, since Patrick Mahomes is a Tech Alum. But then, calamity, they showed the Arizona coach, and guess who it was? Kliff Kingsbury!!! All of a sudden, my loyalties were split in half. Who should I root for? Win or lose, I still lose. The Chiefs ultimately were victorious, but I hope the rest of Arizona's season went well for them and Kliff.
Our inn had a very pleasant view of the harbor. By going after Labor Day, there were very few people, so it felt, at times, like we were the only ones around.
We went to a wonderful breakfast place where Billy was able to get lunch, and I tried out an apple cider mimosa. It was so good that I ordered a second.
Before leaving, we tried to go to Admiral Jack's one more time, without success. And, knowing that Captain Lou's didn't open til 4, we peeked across the river, just to be sure, and much to our delight, they were open! Google had lied again, but this time in our favor!!!
It was cold, but the small inside was full, so we sat as close to the building as possible. I was thrilled to be there!!!
Once a table had been cleared off, we asked to move inside. It was much more comfortable. They have dollar bills stapled everywhere, and a big bucket of sharpies so that you can color one of your own, to leave your mark. = )
It was such a fun trip, and we are both torn between going back at our next opportunity, and going somewhere new, because it was such fun!
later days
Edit: posted closer to the date of the trip, for the sake of continuity.
No comments:
Post a Comment