21 July 2022

Jellystone 2022

This year, we tried out a new Jellystone for our summer glamping trip, this one is in South Haven.  It is smaller than the one in Indiana, which worked out perfectly, as our kids could attend whatever events they chose!

We had Leon with us this year, which made packing the car slightly trickier, but setting up camp slightly easier, with his two extra hands helping unload.

The set-up of this Jellystone was so well done.  The cabins had entrances all on the same side, so that each cabin had its own garden area!  They also had posted signs so that you knew exactly which parking spaces were yours!



The whole crew with Yogi!


We set up camp fast enough, that we were able to attend the smore event that same evening!  Leon and Boo Boo Bear played rock, paper, scissor!




We spent an hour at the pool each day, except for leaving day.  And when Avia drove out, to spend a little bonus time with Leon, they got even more time!


A favorite was for sure the arcade (and prize store that went along with it!)


If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, Alice is always at my favorite age!  This year she was an explorer and was so excited to meet and greet all of the costumed characters*! 



More swimming!


The twins were playing horseshoes with the camp sign. = )


They had candy bar bingo!  This is my all-time favorite camp game, and it just wouldn't be the same without it!  Juliet was the only winner in our group, but we still had fun. = )


The Hey, Hey, Hey Ride!


We went to camp during slime week, so each night they made a different type of slime.  The slime was not allowed in the cabin or car though.


We went to watch cartoons one night.  I was slightly disappointed it wasn't Yogi.


Despite the temperatures being perfect to a little warm for most of us, William favored his hoodie.


On our last full day, Billy took the kids to play laser tag.  Alice wasn't a big fan, but did at least try it.


On the final day, Alice wanted to go meet up with Ranger Smith at the breakfast event. 


Emily and Juliet walked over and joined her when they woke up.


The final event was a scavenger hunt.  Since I knew that I would be frantically packing (despite my mom taking a load of things we had already used or could do without) I preemptively made note of every letter sign I could find.  Emily was the one who finally cracked the code, and so everyone got to enjoy the spoils of her (and my) labor.

[Emily] the code was "Light up the sky on fourth of July."

We had to check out of our cabin by 11, which is early enough that we went over to explore South Haven!


The first view of the water never ever becomes less thrilling.


The red flags were up, so no swimming, even if I had allowed it, but they had a nice time on the beach.  Alice opted to sit in the car, since the sky was overcast.



Grace's rainbow rock collection.


I wanted a picture in front of the state park sign. All of them came together in a rare show of solidarity, but their timing was less than ideal.


They did let me get a few unobstructed ones.


Being near the water, Billy and I were both craving seafood, and we found the perfect place.  It was right off of the water, made out of wood timbers and named "Captain (something)'s."  Obviously, it was packed on such a beautiful day.  So, we added South Haven to our adult vacation list, and went to McDonald's.


From there we headed East and the kids let us know that they didn't like that it was a longer trip back than there.  That was the cost of seeing Lake Michigan though, and I don't regret it. = )

At home we finished the tye-dye process (rinse, air dry, machine wash, air dry, machine wash, machine dry.)  The instructions were overwhelming, but the colors stayed so vibrant, it was kind of worth it.  


I made a shirt too (but Alice declined.)  She did paint a tiny cat though.


When we left, I noticed that the registration desk had use my Supernatural vanity plate on our tag. lol.  It should read "KAZ 2Y5" but either way it was awesome.



We had a wonderful trip, and I think William, in particular, enjoyed having Leon there!  Hopefully he will remember his trip to Michigan fondly for a long time.

later days

*This always strikes me as weird.  The thought is that little kids would love the characters, but it's really more teenage girls.  At least that was true of myself and is also true of Alice.

Edited 7/18/2023: This post is now a part of my project: 78 State Parks! #73

===================================================================

Tahquamenon Falls #15
Muskegon State Park #50*

*this post marks the start of the project, and as such, has information about what I hope to accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment