25 March 2023

School Events and Spirit Days

On Emily's birthday, Alice had a concert band competition on the calendar.  School was out for them that day, and when I dropped her off, the roads were not awful.  She would hop on the bus with the band for Charlotte, and we were going to drive down to see her.

Billy took the day off, so that he could see her play.  As the six of us drove down to Charlotte, the roads were getting worse and worse.  Even so, many came out to support their band, and Alice even waved to us! = )

It was nice to hear the entire band play the piece that she works on at home each night!  And they got some really good advice from a visiting judge during the 'sightreading' portion of the event.

They 'shortened' the event to end at 6, even so, the roads were slick and awful.  We slowly made our way back to the school to collect her, then very slowly made our way home without incident.

For the week leading up to St. Patrick's Day, the big girls' school had a spirit week.  Both dressed up every day, but I only managed two pictures of just Emily*! 

Plaid day was early in the week:

"Lucky Charm" day was later in the week.  I think this was her favorite, since she was able to pull off the snacks to share with her friends after they took the participation count for the team 'competition.'


Snow piles are like a beacon to my children (or really all the children.)  "Take our picture Mutti!"


The twins, doing twin things on "dress like a cool kid" day!


William dressed up too, and even got called up to help 'lead' a song in the assembly, but by the time I thought "oh, I should take a picture**" all the students were standing, and I couldn't see him.  He did dress up in Spartan gear and a Scooby Doo baseball cap! (which is why, in my mind, he was selected = ))

I will do my best to take more pictures the next spirit week, maybe it will be warmer and we can do some outside pictures without having to suffer!

later days

*In my defense, Mornings are hectic around here, and Alice is usually one of the last out the door, bringing the brush along to brush her hair in the car because she's out of time!

**I was working, and so my mind was more on my work duties than on my mom duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment