03 March 2023

Emily's 12th Birthday

We started Emily's birthday celebrations Wednesday night, by baking a round of cupcakes for her to bring to school on Thursday.  She ended up sharing them with her teachers, since she didn't have enough for all of her classmates, and she didn't have anywhere to store them until lunch to share with just her friends.  

That night we took one final picture of Emily as an 11-year-old. = )


Friday morning, we woke up and celebrated our newly minted 12-year-old with cake and gifts!  The three little ones had school that day, though the big girls were off, so I got to spend the day with the birthday girl!


Friday night we were hit with a snowstorm, and Saturday morning we woke to a heavy, wet snow, that needed to be shovelled.  Luckily, we'd made the (third) birthday cake for the party the night before, and cut the vegetables, so we shovelled while Billy went to get the chick-fil-a! = )

Grace helped hang the packing balloon butterflies, that Aunt Rocky made, on the porch. = )

Emily got to invite friends, new and vintage, and I think they had a fun time playing games, visiting and snacking. = )







I must admit, I am liking this 'middle school' style party: I put out food, and they entertain themselves! 

I think our Emily had a lovely day visiting with her friends and playing with her siblings.

Happiest of Birthdays to my favorite 12-year-old!!

later days

you can see her party crafts post here.

and her 12-year-old survey here.

3-24-23: backdated for continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment