14 June 2023

William's Fourth Grade Celebration

Another first this year for our family a fourth-grade celebration!  Covid took the opportunity from Alice and Emily*.  So, William was the first #crockstar to attend. 

Der Bus is currently making sad car noises (but only for me and not for the mechanic) so I am sans car at the moment.  That said, on Tuesday, when I collected the children, I left our horseshoe set at the school.

Walking to their school is no issue, but since his event started at 10, I had no desire to walk home after drop off, start a task, only to stop said task and return to their school.  So, instead, I hung out in William's classroom until it was time to set up!

His class was the first in the Kona Ice line. = )  As usual, he got all the flavors, but at more of it than usual.

He played kickball with his teacher and many of the other fourth graders!


And he played Jenga with Matthew.  They were joined by others, but I was helping with something and couldn't' grab another picture.

The fourth grade walk almost had me in tears as they played Pomp and Circumstance, but I didn't actually cry.  (I'm saving it all for next year.)  They got to walk the halls and see all of their previous teachers one last time!

William was set to spend the greatest number of years at his school, and he did, but it was 4 years (TK, K, 1st, & 4th) instead of 6! 

His teacher is awesome and is slated to have the twins in the fall, which will secure his place as having more #crockstars than any other teacher (80%) but he missed out on Emily. = (  So, currently, the 6th & 7th grade math teacher is up as the next to be able to teach the whole crew!

I was feeling a lot of emotions for sure, and I know William is both nervous and excited about joining the big girls at their school.  For now, I'm just glad we have the summer to recuperate!

After the day ended, we walked home, and the horseshoes were HEAVY!  We were a few blocks away, before I realized that I didn't have my teacup, because William had removed it from the pocket of his backpack and set it on the floor, because he thought it was his classmates. So, we left the horseshoes right next to the sidewalk and returned to the school one last time for him to run in and retrieve my cup!  We returned to the horseshoes and finished the long, heavy, walk home.

later days 

 *Emily was homeschooled her fourth-grade year, but for the majority of that year the students who were in school were virtual, and I'm not sure they would have had something so populated even had she been in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment