09 November 2018

School Halloween Parties

Emily started making personalized Halloween cards for her friends the first week of October.  She drew a tree, traced a pumpkin and wrote the name of each friend.  She finished them the weekend before her class party.  The night before, she and Juliet packed up a goodie back for her to pass out to each friend in her class!



When I signed up for things to bring, in Emily's class I picked napkins.  I thought she would enjoy helping me make them, but she was busy with her own party things, so we just sat together and crafted. = )


For Alice's class, we signed up to bring cookies.  I was so pleased when she came over and helped me from start to finish!  We rolled the dough, cut out cats and pumpkins, and once they were cool decorated them.

All the parties overlap a bit, so I had to make myself a schedule so that I could attend each party and help get everyone ready for the parade.  My game plan:


Took a picture of Emily turning her lips purple before the parade. = )


William was the first one that I helped get changed.


Alice was already changed into her dragon get-up by the time I made it to her classroom, so I went to help Emily before heading outside.

I walked down to the corner, so the I would be able to cross the street and seem them pass by twice.



William has his priorities in order, because it was cold out without a coat, but I'm glad I snapped a picture of him in costume inside.


Once they were back inside, Emily was so happy to pass out her goody bags to each classmate.


The twin's party and parade was on the day before Halloween.  They were both very excited to see me, and Avia was able to come too which made them even happier.



In the classroom, they had activities planned with a balloon and cup catch, candy corn relay and the pop a pumpkin by number.


After the activities, they had their snack, but we had to take it to go.  I took them home early with me, but we had to make haste to be on time for the big kids. = )

I'm glad everyone was healthy enough to attend their parties this year.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment