On Monday Emily and Billy stayed home sick.
Since Emily had put gingerbread house on the list, I bought her one to work on after I finished grocery shopping, since I figured she'd feel better after a good rest.
****************
On Tuesday when Billy tried to remote start his car, it wouldn't start. I tried it at the ignition, it wouldn't start. lovely. After a call to Avia, Billy was on his way to work in my car, and Avia took Emily and William to school since Alice was under the weather. While I waited for triple A to arrive (and the monthly medicine shipment) Billy was sent home from work and so he got to be in charge of Alice while I took his car to Walmart. Avia unpacked the medicine and took the box in for recycling. What would we do without Avia?
I didn't take any photos to document my morning (!?) except a display to show my friend.
I treated myself to lunch at Cracker Barrel, and by the time I finished shopping at 5 below, where I saw tons of cool stuff, but the long line was prohibitive of a purchase, the car was ready. Somehow, the battery was still under warranty, despite the fact it was a southern battery (which would have been the last time we replaced it,) so they fixed it for free! Walmart for the win!!
**************
On Wednesday I was down and out, and William stayed home sick, plus the twins were out of school, so Avia had to step in and entertain them so that I could go to the twins' IEP meeting.
I am thrilled to report that Grace and Juliet are no longer needing any sort of accommodations or modifications. They have been kicked out of the special ed umbrella, since their speech is exactly where it is expected to be for their age!!!!!!!!!
She stayed on so that I could rest, but I really have only a vague recollection of the entire day. Thanks Avia!
**************
On Thursday everyone was healthy enough to fake it, and make it to where they were supposed to be. William's party was that morning, so I went in and enjoyed snacks and stations with him and his kindergarten friends.
I'd found blinking reindeer antlers at the store right before I went in, and as soon as he saw them light up, he wanted to trade me for his boring ones. ; )
They did make some reindeer hats, so once he donned his creation, I did get my sparkling ones returned. My favorite kindergartner had a great time!
After the kindergartners resumed their day, I helped clean up the classroom, then ran home to put away the few Christmas gifts I'd left on the counter (since Emily's party ran until the day's end.)
At Emily's party I also travelled between stations. She also wanted to trade me her boring headband for my blinking headgear.
My favorite station was building a "Christmas Tree" out of gummies and toothpicks! It needed to have space below to allow for a 'present' (piece of laminated paper on a clothespin) to stand. We were successful!
Cookie decorating, holiday bingo and "would you rather" rounded out the stations. My sweet Emily had a great time, and we were ready to head home at the end of the day!
That night, we had regular homework, which was sad in lieu of the abnormally festive day. But we powered through.
Alice's teacher emailed a review key for their Math test (on the Friday before Christmas break = (((( ) When I asked Alice to get hers out, she'd "forgotten" it at school. Luckily for her, I was able to print of the review and modify it so that she could still get in the practice.
We start homework/piano practice as soon as they get home, and we were still going at 7:30 that night.... ugh.
**************
When Friday finally arrived, after taking it's sweet time, I was excited to party with my Alice. Since her party didn't begin until 11:45, I took care of a few dozen things I'd been 'meaning to do' around the house.
I was the second parent to arrive, while the class was still at a special. So I was put in charge of cheesing the nachos!!! yum.
They had pizza and nachos and donuts, and an optional veggie. Alice felt extra special since her party was on Pajama spirit day! When they started the movie, Jumanji, I took my leave and went to take care of errands that would have elsewise been put off until the kids' return to school in January.
Grace and Juliet's party was scheduled for that afternoon, but since it went until the end of the day I tapped my mom to help me with pick up. When I asked the twins who they wanted to come, they unanimously decided on Avia. So, she got to hang out with them while they partied, and I did errands before claiming my big kids at the end of the day. = )
I love their school & teachers so much! I am so thankful for all of the adults who spend their days pouring themselves into my children. This year I made personalized cups, and my mom found 5 cute baskets for each of their teachers! I found a few other tokens to put in, but I wish I could give so much more!
We are all still limping and moaning and coughing along. So we are thankful for a nice break so that we can all heal and be 100% for the new year!
later days









No comments:
Post a Comment