It was the warmest day we had in weeks, and with the looming responsibility of taking down our Christmas décor there was nothing to do but take it down. It was totally worth it, since I found two things that had been misplaced! (One under the tree skirt, and one under our pile of extra Christmas cards.)
I even took the time to WD-40 our outside projector screw for next year, since Michigan weather did not treat it well last year and it was freezing when we put out our decorations this year. = )
Once the tubs were stored away, Emily and I set to work on thank you notes. Everyone signed and they were ready for Billy when he got home.
We also found homes for all of our new Christmas goodies:
Emily sporting her new, super cute, headphones:
And I installed my first ever vanity plate, Haley bought it for me for Christmas. Single Michigan plates bother me as a whole, but I totally fangirl over my car now. = )
On Wednesday I promised grace pancakes with smiley faces, so Thursday morning this was our breakfast.
My second objective was to get started on end of year teacher gifts. So, I repaired everything that needed mending, then had the kids come up to pick out fabric for teacher gifts.
Grace asked if we could go to McDonalds. I told her that I was working on my sewing, but if I finished what I wanted, then *maybe* we could go Friday.
Later, I went downstairs to make myself some tea. Grace quickly approached me and asked "Mutti, why aren't you sewing?" Sheesh, I'm working on it Grace, I just wanted some Tea... lol
We received the rest of my Sam's order, and after I claimed my large box, everyone laid claim to the smaller boxes. Juliet wanted to make hers into a robot.
"I can't clap"
I was successful in cutting and embroidering everything in my pile. That mean that today, we loaded the car with a few errands, and stopped in at the Eyeglass shop to retrieve Alice's replacements and get the other three an adjustment.
And ended up at McDonald's for lunch. = / It's far from my favorite, but at least I can get breakfast there, all day long. The kids had fun. (after taking this picture, I realized that WGJ had all taken off their socks. Ew.
From there we went to the bank and then to pay our sewer bill and take some mail to the post office. A super exciting day. = )
But, now I'm managing to finish my final objective from yesterday: updating the blog! So, I guess it all worked out.
later days







No comments:
Post a Comment