23 October 2019

Bike Riding

William was the instigator for the process, when he wanted to ride his bike to school. Once I found him a helmet, he was allowed to ride his bike when we walked. This of course raised the girls collective interest in riding bikes too.

We don't have the most contusive set up for practicing without training wheels. So, the first pretty Saturday we had, after I'd found bikes and helmets for all, we rode up to the school for Alice to practice.


She did awesome!  She has such good balance for someone who had not really ridden before!  Billy took a go on my bike, since I haven't yet tracked one down for him.  Emily wants her wheels off now too, but I haven't gotten her a kickstand yet.


We walk our bikes across the bridge, since there is no barrier between the sidewalk and the road, just a step down.


Once everyone was hungry, we headed home, stopping at Charlie's for lunch. = )  The kids wanted to go back and do it again, but with the arrival of the cold weather, that will have to be spring activity.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment