October has been fairly light in the way of Doctor visits, which is a nice change from our usual. Of course, we had to have a smattering, or it just wouldn't feel right.
One morning, Grace was complaining about itchy hands. I helped her wash them, then put on some lotion, because the cold makes my hands dry out (and itch) sometimes too. There were a few spots that I could see forming, and thought maybe she just got into something that set off an allergic reaction. I gave her some cough medicine, because it was the only child friendly antihistamine that we had in the house. By the time we got to school, her hands were covered on the palms.
I showed her teacher and the school secretary incase they had any insight. It didn't look like HFM, so she stayed, and I called to get her an appointment. It was an early appointment, but with a different doctor in the practice. I ran up to the school to grab her, on the way to the car she told me her belly also itched. She had so many spots on her belly!
I went through all of the things in my mind that she had eaten that were new, and chocolate pudding was the only thing on the list. She confirmand that it was an allergic reaction to something, and prescribed her a 3 day steroid and gave her some Benadryl. She also recommend that I keep the ingredient list for the pudding in case it happens again.
As we were walking around the store to pick up her prescription, the Benadryl started to kick in. At least she stopped itching as she nodded off to sleep in the car.
I was working on a project out in the flower bed a few days later, and my arm brushed up against a plant. This was the itchy result.
*******************
Alice had her second eye therapy appointment. She was very diligent and completed her homework. I had hoped that by buckling down maybe we could abbreviate how many weeks she would need to complete her therapy. I was slightly irked when the doctor did not even retest her to check for improvement.
Apparently, she will have to complete the 12 weeks regardless. This is not what I was told by the referring doctor, which of course has led to disappointment. Her homework this time is also not as regimented as the previous time, and I'm having a harder time keeping the therapy in a position of importance in my mind. <- Sounds like somebody needs and attitude adjustment.
We will go back once more in November, and then her final 'recheck' will be in early December.
********************
My poor little boy was stung by a bee at school! It was a warm fall by Michigan standards, so the teachers keep their windows open in the unairconditioned building. The bees are curious and sometimes come in to visit.
According to him, he raised his hand to answer a question, and the bee stung his finger! I was working in another classroom that day (as more of an aide) and heard a scream in the hallway. It took me 2 seconds to realize it was one of mine.
Luckily, our school secretary got him all fixed up, and though it was swollen for a couple of days, he was quite the trooper.
************
We had a scheduled dentist appointment for the little ones in Ann Arbor. It was just a routine cleaning. All 3 of them got full marks! No cavities and we don't have to return for 6 months unless we have an issue. = )
Avia, Alice and Emily came along for the ride, since their appointment fell during fall break.
We have several doctor's appointments planned already for November, hopefully we can keep up the low ratio with no unplanned trips!
later days
<what happened previously
what happened next>







No comments:
Post a Comment