86th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was a very cool 77F. It wasn't too bad sitting out in the sun, but in the shade I didn't last long.
I got out of bed to the sound of William throwing up again.
The church has opened up this week (by reservation) but will continue to stream online. We will be part of the 'at home' camp for the foreseeable future. Today though, this sick little boy watched with me from his sick bed.
He's not been able to keep anything down all day. = (
During obligatory outside time, the four girls played in the warm water of the pool we set up last week. Since four is a tough number to fit in that space, we set up the second pool for Alice and Juliet. They were mostly wading, and not 'swimming' so the cold water was not as much of a deterrent for them.
For dinner I heated up leftovers.
I was able to snatch up a Sam's order for tomorrow (my first one since March!) So I am pretty excited to be able to go without having to "shop." = )
---------
85th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 80F.
I made some pancakes to celebrate the first day of Summer Break!
Emily could not wait to get back in the pool. The hope was that it would warm up after being in the sun all morning, but it was still pretty cold! Grace was shivering, so we cut our time short.
I came in to knock out a few chores, then watched Emily and William for another hour or so. It was warmer then, but William was still shivering and spending longer and longer out of the water.
Sarah came by to drop off the summer reading binders for the little three, and they roped her into watching them for 20 more minutes.
A couple of hours later I watched them again until it was time to make dinner, and by that time they were able to convince daddy to go out and watch.
For dinner we had a frozen PF Changs Ramen, but I had to supplement with the cheap packaged stuff too, since it was a lot of liquid in each pack. Billy thought it was good, I prefer the cheap packaged stuff.
5 of us ate al Fresco (Alice and Juliet were inside.) After spending another hour or so outside, the shade was starting to creep up on the pool, William was shivering, and it was time to call it a night.
When Emily and I were getting set up to watch Kim Possible (we missed our usual Friday night) William retched on the kitchen floor. My poor little boy. The only place he could have gotten ill was from the hospital trip yesterday. = (
I set him up on the sick bed, and he had a calm night.
-------------
84th Day of Quarantine, 52nd and Final Day of School at Home.
The highest I saw in my cart today was 78F, but I think it warmed up a little beyond that, making for a very pleasant day.
WGJ had an 8:10am appointment in grand rapids. With such an early appointment, we were back home before 11:30, even after a stop at Sonic.
Sarah came over to do the lawn, while the kids were finalizing all of their assignments. She also gave Alice a quick driving lesson, which Alice thought was pretty amazing.
I promised them help setting up the pool as soon as everyone finished their work. And, the kids wound up with a bonus surprise from Aunt Wanda: a giant inflatable unicorn sprinkler!
It took a long time to blow up the inflatables, even with the compressor, and waiting was tough.
Everyone was excited to go out and play, but that water was cold!
Emily and William lasted the longest, getting in a few hours before it was time to come in.
For dinner we had pizza.
We are all so happy to be done for the year, though next week we will be heading up to the school to collect things and say goodbye to the teachers.
I got to meet with one of my BCUMC people last night, everyone else was MIA. But Kristey and I had a nice conversation until my phone died.
Once my phone had recovered a bit of charged, I dialed into a local bonfire with all my Dimondale ladies. We are pretty much self quarantining at this point, now that everything is opening back up. It does make it harder to stay home when all sorts of get togethers are happening, but my children's health is worth it.
----------------------
83rd Day of Quarantine, 51st Day of School at Home
The expected high today was 85F.
Sarah and I met up at a thrift store, we scheduled an appointment, but they have fully reopened as of today.
I found one book from our homeschool list, but we already had it. I did score some poetry books though, as well as a few other titles for our sets. I bought a bubble maker for the kids, it went over very well!
For dinner we had chili cheese dogs.
-----------
82nd Day of Quarantine, 50th Day of School at Home
The expected high today was 82F.
Grace and Juliet received their birthday gift from the Helterbrand Cousins!
I worked a little on Leon's Birthday gift. Thankfully I have until December to finish it. Hopefully I'll get it off of my todo pile long before then. = )
For dinner we had Tikka Masala (but not our usual brand.) It was okay.
----------
81st Day of Quarantine, 49th Day of School at Home
The expected high today is 88F! I'm ready for it, after the cold snap the past two days.
Online school is still going about as well as you can expect for my tired, ready for summer crew.
Emily had a class meeting, and all the end of year feels are starting to creep up on me. I'm ready for this virtual learning to be over, but I am going to miss their teachers so much next year.
I took some time to make my supplies look pretty, and got all the flash cards ready for reading this summer.
Juliet had a lengthy conversation with her friend Kennedy.
We had our first virtual appointment for the kids with the endocrinologist. Everything seems in order, and we're not due again for 6 months!
I found time to make the three masks Sarah requested, since Billy bought us Arby's for dinner.
The new elastic is very soft, but I don't know how durable it will be for the long term. Luckily, the elastic is easily replaced if needed.
-----------------
80th Day of Quarantine, 48th Day of School at Home.
The high today was a chilly 73F.
I met Sarah at the VOA on Cedar and we enjoyed some distance shopping for 1 hour.
The twins were excited to open their (belated) birthday gift from Avia.
Grace had a sweet conversation with her friend Zoey.
For dinner we had egg fried rice.
---------
later days














No comments:
Post a Comment