99th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 90F.
For lunch I ordered in some Chinese food from our favorite local place.
I sat down to read and Emily came up to me and said "You could read outside" as her way of asking me to come watch them go swimming. = ) Emily was first, then William came shortly after her, then Grace and lastly Juliet. We were out there for about 4 hours! I let them swim as long as they could take.
For dinner we had quesadillas, because it was fast and easy, and unsurprisingly, they were all hungry. = )
---------
98th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 87F.
Sarah came over and mowed the lawn, and bought me mulch from Lowe's (in two trips, because it was only $2 a bag! This is $3 less than what I payed last year!)
After reading lessons with Grace, Juliet and William, I went out to spread the mulch. 25 bags and a couple of hours, but it looks so much better!
We have a tiny rose growing! I don't know where it came from, because I didn't plant it. It sure is pretty though!
We found a tiny frog hanging out behind the hose!
We used our field guide to identify it as a Gray Treefrog.
I added air to the pool and we filled it up with cold water. Tomorrow is supposed to be 90, so the water should warm up overnight.
For dinner we had Bueno Nachos.
We ended our day with a Kim Possible mini-marathon.
Billy got word that his dad had a heart attack today. Thankfully he is stable, but too far away to visit.
-----------
97th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 86F.
During outdoor recess, I set up a "book fair!" for my crew. They were excited and read really well after choosing their books.
I trimmed some of the low branches in the back yard, and the twins helped add them to the fire pit. Billy spent some time trying to cut up the fallen tree. It is still pretty green, so he had to work on just the smaller top branches.
I sat out with the fire for several hours to watch the fire and read my book.
For dinner we had alfredo tortellini.
---------
96th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 84F. I sat outside for a while with Billy, but once the direct sunlight moved, it was still chilly for me out on the porch, to just sit. = (
Emily made some "food art" today for her creation.
Flower:
Palm Tree:
Rain on an umbrella:
For dinner tonight Billy made a Gordon Ramsey meatball entrée recipe. It was quite tasty! Well, I thought so, and he thought so, but the kids were kind of indifferent.
---------
95th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today is 81F.
The children were slow moving this morning, so William, Grace and Juliet were not allowed on their computers when I left. Sadly, Billy was in charge of enforcing that, so I have no idea how long they were on it. Next time I will have to take the mice and tablets with me.
Emily's dental appointment was at 10, which is kind of an inconvenient time for our schedule since we have to leave about an hour before, and it takes the same to get home. She was inside a long time, since they were running behind (kind of annoying.)
We dropped off a book for Alyssa's little ones for this fall (I scored an extra copy) and picked up an extra copy of a book she had, as well as some morning time menu holders.
Since it was lunchtime were went through the chick-fil-a drive through (again) and by the bank. Once we were back on our side of town we stopped at the McDonald's drive thru to grab lunch for everyone else.
The end of year reports from the school arrived. A few parents of their peers have posted class rosters, making the fall feel more real, and making me feel a pang of longing. Getting comfortable with parts of our fall curriculum during the summer schedule is, admittedly, making me feel better about the fall.
For dinner we had barbeque sandwiches and Doritos. William cleaned his plate, the girls whinged and refused to eat more than a few bites.
I bought my first (digital) music album in years, Radio Company: Vol 1, I supplemented with a few songs from Jerimiah Richey's Northridge and Take Your Chances. It felt like a nice time for some new music, as we approach 100 days in quarantine.
--------
94th Day of Quarantine
The high today was a cool 74F. I would have spent the afternoon reading on the porch, but it was just too chilly, even in the sunshine.
We completed our first day of summer schedule. I reiterate what they are to do each night before bed so they are well prepared for the morning. Since it is week one, we are still ironing out the kinks, but so far, it's been going well.
I finished Leon's piano books carrying case. The zipper was tricky to put in, and I don't love the finished product. This is particularly sad since I paid retail prices for the fabric and zipper. But, it is finished, and I hope he enjoys it when I send it down for this Birthday in December. = )
I started and finished Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeny. It was suspenseful enough I didn't want to try to sleep in the middle of it.
For dinner we had Banquet fried chicken and rehydrated mashed potatoes. It was okay.
--------
93rd Day of Quarantine
The high today was a warmish 70F, with a very cool start to the day.
After online church, I spent the meat of the day finishing The Bone Clocks: A Novel. The ending was satisfactory. I now feel a strong sense of ennui, just like every other time I finish reading a good story.
For lunch I heated up leftovers.
For dinner we had some ribeyes that Billy cooked up on the grill. Sarah picked them up down at Rives' Junction last week. They were mighty tasty! We'll have steak fajitas or Bueno Nachos later this week.
--------
later days



















No comments:
Post a Comment