92nd Day of Quarantine
The high today was a cold 67F.
Since the windows were open overnight, we spent most of the day snuggled up in our blankets.
I read a few hours of my book: The bone clocks: A novel.
Grace fashioned a hammock for her shopkins out of her mask.
For dinner we had a dish I christened man & sage (mac and sausage.) It went over pretty well, despite it's simplicity.
---------
91st Day of Quarantine, Last day of "school"
The high today was a cool 70F for most of the day, at least until I started working on the remaining flower bed weeding.
Willow and her mom came over and watched the teacher parade with us. I took precious few pictures in the cold, and managed none of the parade. = ( The kids loved seeing their teachers again (and picking up candy.)
For dinner Billy brought us Taco Bell that I ordered online.
We ate some "Bueno nachos" while we watched Kim Possible. (Mutti, Emily, William, Grace & Juliet.)
--------
90th Day of Quarantine
The high today was a cool 74F.
The big girls and I got up with my alarm to head to the dentist in Okemos. We arrived early, so we had a bit of a wait. I stayed in the car so that both of them could go back together. They were treated one at a time, so Alice came out about halfway through my wait with a stellar report. Poor Emily has tight teeth and several cavities, so we will be going back several times for her treatments. Pretty sure that Alice went through the same thing at around the same age.
We snatched up breakfast at chick-fil-a, since it is not far from the dentist office.
After the dentist I spent 3 hours weeding the flower bed, and still didn't finish.
--------
89th Day of Quarantine
The high today was 90F, so it was quite warm for a good portion of the day. Then a thunderstorm blew through dropping the temperature by a solid 10 degrees.
Sarah came by to grab Alice to pick out donuts for everyone. She was thrilled to go 'help.'
Alice had a well child visit that had been bumped back, and then rescheduled this morning. The healthy visits are back inside the office now. She's looking good, crazy tall (77%) and healthy.
We picked up some Chick fil a and McDonalds on the way home. After seeing a 'vintage' picture of a 90s McDonald's menu, I snapped one of their menu circa 2020. The second panel was blotted by my phone camera due to the rolling nature of the video screen.
Once we got back, I rounded up the three little ones, and we went to the eye glass store with their prescriptions from last week, to order some new glasses! I had them bring toys that could be sprayed before getting back in the car, since most places have all of their toy areas closed off at the present.
It is hard to convince them to properly wear their masks. They don't like having it over their noses.
For dinner we had pizza bagels. It went over very well.
The big girls' dentist office called today, so they will be going in (early) tomorrow to make up their missed appointment from earlier this year.
---------
88th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was brilliantly sunny and warm 91F! I finally could spend time on the porch without a jacket or socks!
For lunch I made grilled cheese.
Today was return materials & pick up leftover things from the school. We made some paper signs to display on the door (with magnets) and brought some streamers to add to the festive look.
The big girls were first, so at 11:45, we tried to catch the end of third grade time and the beginning of fourth grade time so that Alice and Emily could say goodbye to their teachers. Alice's teacher was already outside, so I had to hop out and add his sign to the car doo (since I had only displayed Emily's teacher for the first pass.) It was so good to see them, and give them their end of year gifts. We had a library book and some of William's classroom books, so it was a quick exchange. Each of them came home with a massive bag of paperwork and nametags (and little surprises.)
We returned for the little three at 1:45, at the end of first grade, and beginning of kindergarten. William, Grace and Juliet all tried to squish into the back window to say goodbye in turn. The twins were so excited to present their gifts that they took everything out of the bag for their teacher. = ) Seeing their teachers, especially William's, who the twins will not have next year, makes me so incredibly sad. It was nice to see them in person though. I hope we can catch them a few time next year (maybe?)
For dinner we had hot dog spaghetti squid made by Grace and Alice = )
I finished Book 1 of the Witcher series today. Now I just need to wait for Book 0 to pop back up in my library Holds (I've been kicking it back for a month now!)
----------
87th Day of Quarantine
The expected high today was 84F. It was still chilly in the shade with a breeze, but I was able to spend a little time, comfortably, out on the patio with Billy.
We haven't really finished school and we haven't really started summer. We're somewhere in between and it is just a weird time this week and in general.
I went to Sam's for my first pick up in months, and had to call to get in the door. I also went by Kroger for our weekly groceries.
For dinner we had 2 recipes that called for Greek yoghurt in an effort to use up the 'replacement' that Kroger supplied for William's vanilla blend whole fat yoghurt. We had au gratin potatoes and garlic chicken. Both were okay, but we have a ton leftover to have it again later this week.
The most interesting of the potatoes that went into dinner:
When the twins were getting ready one day, they decided to be "twins." Grace has been doing her own hair most days, so after she finished hers she was helping Juliet. Once she finished Juliet's hair, Juliet said "how does it look? I need a mirror." To which Grace replied, "Just look at me!"
later days










No comments:
Post a Comment