106th day of Quarantine
The high today was a warm and pleasant 85F.
Emily and Grace and Juliet wanted to go out for more pool time. It didn't take too long before they were all outside splashing around, and Billy came out and sat with me too!
Emily and I spent some time packing "souvenir packs" to stick in the mail for some of our friends, with the plentiful extras we had left on the prize table.
For dinner Billy picked up pizza from our local shop.
------------
105th day of Quarantine
The high today was a cloudy 83F.
Today, on what would have been the return trip from our Great Wolf Lodge trip, we instead had an adventure in the backyard: Not Wolf Lodge!
For dinner we had a combination of leftovers and snacks leftover from our backyard adventure.
--------
104th day of Quarantine
The high today was a cool 77F.
After Summer Schedule, William, Grace, Juliet and I went to pick up their new glasses! It was a much shorter trip than we ordered them.
This week's art was sunpaper creation. They were all so creative! Alice (top left) made hers with scissors and cut paper, Emily (top right) made hers with fruit and vegetables, William (bottom left) use the newly 3D printed cat and dog, Grace (bottom middle) used a giant slinky, and Juliet (bottom right) used a small dictionary and two cards!
For dinner we had empanadas
---------
103rd Day of Quarantine
The high today was a measly 75F. Billy tried to work out on the porch (in jeans) but eventually moved inside because it was just too cool.
We celebrated our second annual family Scooby Doo Day! I didn't know exactly when it was, so I forgot to order the scooby snacks! = 0 Emily and I made it work though, by cutting the sandwiches and cheese like bats and dog bones. = ) We rewatched "Scoob."
Grace loves to try out new hairstyles, and she loves to show them off!
I was able to harvest enough from our porch and patio gardens for a mini Tomato/spinach salad!
Billy set up his 3D printer, and printed the cat sample first. Grace was quick to claim it.
Since it takes 3-4 hours, we left it running as we went to bed.
For dinner we had PB&J and other snacky foods, since we were watching Scoob pretty late in the day.
---------
102nd Day of Quarantine
The high today was 70F. It was not that "hot" for most of the day. I had to go put on pants and a hoody.
The twins are working hard in their reading binders. I've started them on what we will do next year, to get us all accustomed to the activity. William is also cruising right along.
Grace and Juliet seem to have 12 and 20 less solidified in their minds than the other numbers. So, today the big girls helped me make and hide 12s and 20s all over their room and they found them (then put them in the number order at the bottom.) It was a fun activity, and we might repeat it tomorrow, but switch the number for which each one was searching.
For second recess, at 1:15, we walked our sewer bill down to the village office and went to the ice cream shop for some treats. It was a chilly walk, but there was no wait. The twins were excited to redeem their ice cream coupons from their kindergarten teacher. = ) Billy's milkshake was cold in my hands on the way home though!
I curled up under a blanket to read for most of the afternoon, since it was soooooo cold.
For dinner we had gnocci pesto with sausage and spinach salad. We probably will not have it again.
--------
101st Day of Quarantine
The high today was 87F.
My grocery appointment was earlier this morning (from 8-9, instead of my usual 9-10.) I prefer it actually.
The kids (EWG) did get in the pool today, for a little while, and I cut Billy's hair a second time. The salons are open by appointment only now, but since he's working from home, and doesn't care that much, he had me do it a second time.
I finished the first of the Cormoran Strike books by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling.) I also started the second, because it is sweet summertime!
For dinner we had leftovers.
---------
Today is our 100th day of Quarantine
The high today was 84F.
I guess it's fitting that it's father's day and Haley's birthday, so we will be having some cake to celebrate all three. = )
Sarah was already out back chopping the fallen tree by the time I came down to turn my computer on for church.
After service, I helped bring some of the dead evergreen branches over to the firepit to expedite the burning of the green wood Sarah was attempting to burn.
At noon I ordered Charlie's for lunch, since that is what Billy requested. I also ran into Carl's to pick up some 2 liters, so that I didn't have to carry 7 drinks back to the car from Charlie's.
Billy spent the afternoon assembling his 3D printer. He enjoyed the surveys that the kids filled out. Next year I will have them fill them out at separate times, so their answers are more unique.
The kids were back in the pool this afternoon, but it was cut short by passing thunder. I think it might have rained a bit, but we didn't see much of a storm. It did cool things off significantly though.
For dinner we had noodles and sausage, followed by the Father's Day-Birthday-Quarantine cake.
later days



















No comments:
Post a Comment