27 September 2020

Almost the End of September

197th Day of Quarantine.

High today was 79F.

Kids spent night with aunt rocky.  Very excited to go.

Billy and I had a cheese and meat pack for dinner. While we watched Enola Holmes and The Boys.

-------

196th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 82F.

For our nature study, we decided to go to the "pumpkin patch."  In years past we've gone to uncle john's cider mill and enjoyed live music, rides, and a huge selection.  Today, we just purchased from our "neighbor" who sells produce on his front lawn. = )









Billy bought cider and donuts at the QD that we were able to enjoy on our walk back and at home.  The kids also made some fall 'masks' from an email that Aunt Wanda sent me.


For dinner we had a crockpot stew that made the house smell wonderful all day long!

Sarah took me to pick my car up from the dealership, who wanted to charge $5K for the repairs I need, and bring it into our favorite mechanic, who tends to shy away from my car after the month long saga a few years back.  He's supposed to call me next week with a quote.

------

195th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 77F.  There was a cool breeze reminding us all that it is truly autumn.

We have almost finished week six of our curriculum, so our routine is settled and we are all pretty comfortable with our day.

For dinner we are having tortellini with alfredo sauce.

I finished my book and now I don't know what to do with myself.  The first mops meeting of the year is tonight at 7, but I don't think I'm going to go in person.

It was great to see so many smiling familiar faces.  Not the same as being there in person, but at this point in 2020, it was still a welcome change!

-------

194th Day of Quarantine.

The expected high was a respectable 80F.

I got up early, and Sarah met me at the dealership at 7:30 to drop off my car.  The ABS light is finally on full time, it has a little oil drip, and worst of all, my heated seat stopped heating. = (

Sarah beat me there, but I still waited outside the door for 5 minutes until they opened.  On the way home she took me by the QD so that I could get donuts for my crew.

Most were awake when I arrived home, and we were able to start our school day on time!

Juliet dressed all Ariel today.


In science the big girls made a hygrometer.  It's currently on the porch, we'll see if it works in a few days. = )



After a pleasant poetry & tea time, the kids played a live action version of "among us" [called "imposter" in roblox.] It's collectively their new favorite online game. 

One is the "imposter" and kills a victim, as they all mill about the house. Once a "dead body" is found, they have a meeting and vote who they think the imposter is. That person admits their role, and if they've chosen incorrectly, they have to move about again, and a new person "dies." It's fun to listen to their observations and politics.  And this is absolutely one of the best reasons to have 5 kids. = )


For dinner we had hamburger helper.  

My book was so engaging it was all I could do not to ignore my responsibilities.

------

193rd Day of Quarantine.

The expected high was 75F.

William finished his 1st grade math review today and received his alien stuffie!


After school, I went to the thrift store with a load and then to FEDEX to drop off the recycling box from the kids' medicine.

For dinner we had cheesy chicken noodles.

I'm still reading through my Cormoran Strike book, and have been making the poor decision to stay up late to read it. = 0  

-------

Today is the 192nd Day of Quarantine.

The expected high was 73F.

In science we attempted to make a "camera obscura" but I'm pretty sure that the tennis ball cannister that I procured lacked the opacity that we needed to make it work.

I ran to carl's to take a tub of cans.  The shed is still chock full of them, but at least now I am slowly removing boxes versus slowly adding them.  While I was there I got root beer and a snack for tomorrow.  I also got some bacon to attempt a "quick" recipe I saw online.

For dinner we are having Stouffer's lasagna and salad. 

------

Today is the 191st Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today was 67F.  We turned on the heater for the first time.

After church, I went to drop off recycling at Sarah's. She bought me sugar cubes!  I've been looking for weeks at the stores I actually go to, without success.  So, I'm very excited.

The grocery store was busy, as was the gas station.  When I went to the ATM that offers different denominations, I saw a sign that they are about to close it down mid next month. = (  I stopped at a garage sale, but didn't find anything today.

For dinner we had chicken fajitas.

------

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment