15 November 2020

2nd Week of November

246th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was only 43F, but it was sunny, so we went out to the cross country trails by the high school to take some Christmas pictures.  I'm not convinced that we got "the" picture, so we will try again during Thanksgiving week, maybe.





We might end up with one of these, depends on how the next ones turn out.

For dinner we had leftovers, with fresh made green beans.  The green beans were a big hit. = )

-----

245th Day of Quarantine.

The high today is staying chilly, at 49F.

For dinner we had Bob Evans chicken tender meal.

------

244th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was warmer than yesterday, but there was frost on the ground and it was a cold 51F.

We finished out our first week of term 2, after 4pm.  I'm trying to help Alice play catchup in math, and we are finally to new material, so it is rush, rush and push push.

For dinner we had hamburger helper.  

I made my annual Mops apple pie, and logged in to the live feed this evening.  My table leader brought by the ingredients and recipe, and Billy grabbed the oats for me at the store when he went out for lunch.

I watched the penultimate episode of Supernatural.  I watched live, again, since I couldn't get into the MOPS virtual zoom.

It was a a bit of a let down, I hope the end of series does not disappoint.

------

243rd day of Quarantine.

The high today was a cold (and usual) 46F.  Brrr.

Avia came over to eat birthday cake for breakfast with our birthday boy!  She stayed through most of our morning so that they could play with silly string during recess.


After math, they all played with a slime 'assortment' that William received as a sub part in a present for his birthday (from us.)  The kids all played in the bathroom, on an old shower curtain, and it still made a huge mess!  We ended up with impromptu showers for all. = /  I do not like slime.

We did set up tea and poetry this afternoon, but I told the kids that they are going to have to contribute more to set up and clean up if we are to continue.  I made a list for them to help out next week.

For dinner William requested teriyaki chicken and rice, so that is what we had.  No one else seemed to care for his twizzler cake enough to have some for desert, so hopefully he likes it a lot!

------

242nd day of Quarantine.

The high today was 74F.

We finished the trebuchet in science, and it worked!


During reading time, we made the rain stick that Aunt Wanda sent, since we learned about the Hopi tribes and their rain rituals!


And we had shrimp and rice for dinner.

We also made William's 8th birthday cake, since this is his final night as a seven year old!

When we were decorating, Billy accidentally popped the giant 8 balloon, but we still put up many of the rubber ones, so it looked festive.

------

241st Day of Quarantine.

We broke a weather record set in 1977 with a high of 78F!  It was nice enough to be out without a jacket.

Avia came by during recess today, to pick up some boxes of returnables and say hi.  I also sent her with the remaining meatball meal that Billy made last night.

We worked ahead a little in science, making the base for the trebuchet that we were not scheduled to make until tomorrow.  This gave it time to properly dry before we start using it to fling rocks.

After school Grace and I went to pick up her replacement glasses frames, and get a new screw put in William's frames.

For dinner we had Tikka Masala, complete with naan and hummus from horrocks! = )  

------

240th Day of Quarantine.

Today the high was a lovely 74F.  We opened the window, on November 8th!!! because when I went to take out the trash it was warmer outside (71F) than inside (68F.)


After online church, I went to a later than usual appointment, since my regular timeslot was already taken! = (  It wasn't awful, I went at the very beginning of my time.

For my "birthday" dinner, Billy made a Gordon Ramsey meatball recipe, with fresh ingredients we picked up at Horrock's.  It was soooooo good.  He served it on giant noodles, which are not my favorite, but made it better for the kids. = )


I spent my extra time (not cooking) working on William's birthday shirt. I'm still waiting on the actual shirt, but it should be here soon!  I cut out the old adidas logo, and I'll do my best to make it look like his roblox avatar! = )

------

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment