253rd Day of Quarantine.
Today was a much cooler high of 47F. It was sunny, with a mild breeze, so it didn't feel awful if you were bundled up.
Sarah tasked me with a project for a Christmas gift she was working on, and while I was upstairs sewing, I made another mask, a mask & doll mask set for Grace's friend Zoey, and a doll mask for Grace's Molly, that matches her mask.
Billy and I have been on a movie kick. I think it's because we don't want to get wrapped up in other unfinished shows. With Supernatural being over, I'm feeling a little bit of ennui, but I'm content now with the ending.
For dinner we had hamburger helper and corn.
-----
252nd Day of Quarantine.
Today we were still at 60F. It was warmer than we are used to this year, and makes me happy. = )
I knocked out all kinds of projects today!
We finished the salt dough ornaments that we made in Nature study yesterday. They weren't fully hardened, so I put them in for another four hours, and that seemed to do the trick. The kids painted them with the paint markers, and I added the ribbon to hang them. They each picked one to send to Enisi and Edudi, so I got those boxed up and ready to ship. These are the ones we are keeping. I forgot to take a picture of the ones we are mailing.
I ordered a few more Christmas gifts (and feel like I must be getting close to being done!) Speaking of Christmas gifts, I made Seven a reversible bandana to wear during Christmas time. = )
While I was digging out that material, I found a material that made me think of Erin Elise, and so I made her a mask. And, while I was doing that, Grace came up and wanted to make a mask for Molly out of the scraps. So, I did that too. Doll masks take just as many steps as full sized masks, they just have less workspace. = )
We also got Billy's tag renewal for his car, so I made up the check for that, since there is a fee if you do it through the website.
I also knocked out a few projects in the kitchen. I needed to use up the other half of the fajita chicken from earlier this week, so I made some homemade chicken and dumplings. It was too salty, so I need to tone down the bouillon, or up the water. The dumplings were good though!
And, as part of my paranoia, I have been looking for ways to use up pinto beans, since that is something we have a lot of in our 'crisis' stash. One of the recipes I found was how to make a pinto bean chocolate cake. It doesn't take a ton of pinto beans, just a can, but my modified recipe worked really well. The ultimate test, of course, was what the kids thought, and I'd say it was a success. Grace cleaned her plate, and Emily and Juliet both used a tag to call a piece tomorrow. = )
------
251st Day of Quarantine.
Today was in the 60s, you read that right, a balmy 65F in fact! For the clothes we typically wear this time of year, we were shedding layers!
The last day of school ran long, still trying to push Alice to finish her 4th grade review, which is now new material...
We also made salt ornaments and our first year of table cloth handprints!
For dinner we had a delicious beef crockpot roast with potatoes and carrots. Started it at 8:15am! The house smelled wonderful all day.
Supernatural had it's finale tonight. I didn't hate the ending, but I am very sad. To stave it off we watched my favorite episode (Tuttle) and Billy's favorite episode (The Ringbanger) of M*A*S*H. They are actually back to back episodes in season one, which made it easy and enjoyable.
--------
250th Day of Quarantine.
The high today was 46F.
For dinner we had BLTs with pringles and strawberries.
------
249th Day of Quarantine. Tomorrow, the state will rejoin us in our quarantine efforts, as many things are shut down or have lowered capacity for 3 weeks.
The high today was a cold 37F, and we saw flutters of snow!
I presented William with his shirt to match his roblox character! (I couldn't buy one, so I had to make one) It was well received, and he was so excited to wear it, and tell Avia, the doctor and the nurse all about his new shirt! = )
Today was a rushed day, but we made it through! We quickly progressed through much of our routine this morning, and forwent a break, so that we could be ready to go to William's appointment at 10:45. We worked through material that would be hard to pack, or that we could not pack.
My mom came over to help corral and load the crew. Then, when we arrived at the Doctor's office, she sat with the girls while William and I went it. I brought William's reader, but neglected to bring it inside, so she had to rescue us by sending pictures of the next few pages.
While we were inside, the nurse went out to the vehicle and got the girls' flu shots all taken care of! It was awesome. Very time conservative. = ) William got all positive remarks from his doctor! He is well on the curve in height, and weight, giving him a nice 11% BMI rating! The curve in his spine was recently reviewed by the orthopedic doctor, and he cleared him for now. (But we need to get x-rays every few years, as a preventative measure.)
The original plan was to run to McDonald's then return to the doctor for the girls' shots, but since we knocked it all out at once, we went through the drive thru and headed to our grocery appointment. We were early, but still had a tiny bit of school left, plus our read aloud.
We finished up and were some of the first to arrive in the hour block we picked. Sadly, my car is still at the mechanic (yep, month 3) and most of the time, this is not a problem, but it was particularly annoying today, when we were trying to knock our our school in the car. The good thing about Billy's car over mine, though, is that there was more light by which to work.
By the time we came home, we brought in and put away groceries, cleaned out our work form the car, and Alice was doing her second round of math (she's still playing catch up, but making great strides!) it was almost 4pm, and our cleaning lady came today. So, it was rush rush rush.
For dinner we had chicken fajitas.
I finally got to sit down and relax once I got the kitchen cleaned and some laundry started. Now, it is time for bed. Sadly, the kids get to go first!
------
248th Day of Quarantine.
The expected high today was a chilly 45F.
Alice progressed with her math, finishing and entire 4th grade unit today.
We had chili cheese dogs for dinner.
------
247th Day of Quarantine.
The expected high today is a cold 51F. The wind is something else today, I'd rate it as a Fresh Gale on the Beaufort Weather Scale.
I left my grocery order too long, and with the uptick in corona virus cases, I could not get my usual Kroger time (or any time near it.) So, I'll be saving the big trip for Tuesday. We'll pick it up on our way home from William's well child visit. I've also set a reminder in my phone to schedule it earlier in the week, so that I can get my preferred day.
Billy and Alice made up some gumbo tonight. It was really tasty.
-----
later days













No comments:
Post a Comment