01 November 2020

End of October

232nd Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a remarkable 53F!  That is absolutely balmy compared to all the other Halloweens we've spent in this northern climate.

We did not go door to door this year, but my crew till enjoyed dressing up, and went "door to door" inside the house.  = )  


We did set up a no-contact table for those who ventured out, but usually we have leftovers, and I feel like this year is going to be the same. = /




For dinner we had spaghetti (this seems to be the common meal of Halloween.)  Grace was definitely the proponent of this.  So, we ended up eating "dinner" at 3:45!

A picture of a full, blue moon on Halloween night!

------

231st Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a cloudy, breezy 40F.  I took out the riding mower to mulch up the leaves, and had to come inside part way through to get some gloves!  It is a chilly, chilly day.

I took dinner to one of the mops ladies in my group. She had to have emergency back surgery a few weeks ago!  = 0 Since it was near my sister's house, she also had me go by QD, and after cooking a meal and running errands (right at dinner time) we ordered Chinese.  Sadly, our favorite delivery place is permanently closed. It was yet another victim of covid.

So, we ordered from a place that sent us a menu (with offer of delivery from a few years ago) but they are not currently delivering.  Thankfully, they are also not too far from Sarah's and so I picked up our order on my way home.

------

230th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was an overcast, cold 44F.

We wrapped up week 11 today, which means we will finish our term next week with Exams, and no new material! = 0  I cannot believe how fast this year is going.

William and the twins really enjoyed the personalized map that Aunt Rocky made for our lesson today.  William was doing really well identifying the local landmarks!

During nature study, we had to go out and observe the wind speed.  So, we actually used the anemometer the big girls made!  It was very cool.  It was cold and wet though, so we did not see any wildlife, not even a goose!

After school, I went to the grocery store, pharmacy and post office.  

Sarah's Christmas gift (a dog bed) arrived today, so I dug out my wrapping paper so that I can send it over and let it take up space in her basement, for the next two months, instead of mine. = )

For dinner we had ham steaks, mashed potatoes and veggies.

------

229th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a slightly warmer, but much sunnier 53F.

I tweaked our daily school schedule, so William now reads before math, while the big girls finish their reading.  After we condensed our week into four days, each session for Alice and Emily has to be a little bit longer to fit in all the material.  So, now I have time to read with the twins and William usually, before they are finished and ready to narrate.  It makes the time after math nicer for all of us!

For dinner we had orange chicken with rice. I got it cooked up a little early, since Ms. Charlie is here today.

-----

228th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was a wet and cold 40F.

Halloween is upon us, so we did some seasonal art, and had a themed snack. = ) I bought the kits at dollar tree last month, and was going to give them out on Halloween, but thought maybe we could enjoy it a little longer if we painted them today, instead of water colors.  The kids totally approved.







For dinner we had chicken faijitas.

-----

227th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 44F.

In science, the big girls built a miniature version of Leonardo DaVinci's parachute.  It came apart on it's second flight, but the first flight worked well enough to exhibit a sound principle.


After we finished our lessons for the day, I introduced the kids to dissolvable packing peanuts and the tiny firework poppers that you can pop on cement.  

While they were engaged with those activities, I organized all the science supplies for Term 2, which we will start in just under 2 weeks! = 0

For dinner we had sirloin beef tips in mushroom gravy with spiral noodles and mixed veggies as a side.

------

226th Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today was 44F.  When I went outside to start raking the leaves,  I would have believed it, but I managed to get in a nice workout and warm up!

Billy went out later to finish up the side yard.  The yard looks much better, but the trees still have slew of leaves just waiting to fall.

For dinner we had Chicken Alfredo with Penne.

------

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment