One final picture as 6 year olds!
This year, their big day fell on a Friday. Avia came over early for cake, and they opened all their presents first thing!
One of their classmates (Grace's bff Zoey) sent them the sweetest gift a few days later: coordinating explorer kits!!
They collectively decided that they were not going to use their gear outside until we go camping later this year. = )
And a couple of quick recent stories.
Grace wanted me to download Disney plus for her tablet. Since it is a birthday gift from Sarah, the login and password are stored separately from all my other passwords. I got her all set up, but the next day it was asking to log in again. I was fussing at the tablet that I had told it to save the info*, and Grace pipes up "maybe it didn't hear you?"
We have a countdown chain for our camping trip. My policy is that the first person to put their toothbrush in their mouth in the morning gets to cut off the paper. Yesterday, Juliet popped out of bed and made a beeline for the door. Grace, sensing her excitement, was quick to follow. It was a race to the bathroom, that I assume Grace won. An argument ensued. Apparently, while Grace was putting her toothpaste on, Juliet simply stuck her toothbrush in her mouth, thus winning the right to cut the day's loop.**
I think they had a fun day couple of days, and love being 7 year olds!
later days
*I clicked the box that said "remember me"
**Had I not witnessed Juliet being the first to remember, I might have judged it differently. But, I have no toothpaste qualification on the policy. And I'm kind of impressed that she found a loophole. She did go back in and brush her teeth with toothpaste afterwards.






No comments:
Post a Comment