18 December 2022

Annual Gingerbread House

I felt like we were running pretty late in December, compared with previous years, when Grace and I found time to make the Gingerbread House.  Unless Facebook was lying, we were actually a week earlier than usual!

So, we made up the dough, and broke out the mold!

As usual, Billy declared that it was time for us to purchase a stand mixer when it was time to peak the egg whites for the icing, but as always, we made it happen.

I didn't buy any candies this year, so we just used what we had on hand, mostly marshmallows, leftover sprinkles from their class party, and a few crushed up hard candies.


After looking at the gingerbread house all week, I developed a craving for some gingerbread cookies, so we made up a batch of those too!  The icing for the cookies was much easier to mix. = )

My lovely gingerbread family of cookie cutters:

And the baby just doesn't quite fit!  = (


Another successful year of gingerbread house decorating.  Something Grace and I both look forward to each year.

later days

edit 1-17-23: backdated for continuity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment