25 December 2022

Christmas 2022

During the summer, my mom and I found a kitchen for the twins.  I feel like I have been impatiently awaiting Christmas since then!  I brought the kitchen over from Sarah's basement a few days before Christmas, and then finally the day arrived!!!

Billy spent a good chunk of time setting it up to look 'just right." = )

Emily set up William's display.  William was very excited about his locking box.  He was constnatnly 'stealing' the twins' lol boxes, the entire season.  For a while I thought it was just sibling jealousy, but then I'd find him with it, when they weren't even around to whine at him.  I decided that it was probably the locking feature that he liked so much.  When I set up the box, he got one of the keys, and I kept the other one, just in case it gets lost.  = )

And I sent Emily to bed before setting hers up, so that she could be surprised, at least a little. = )  They don't sell duolingo gift cards, so she just got a generic play gift card, but I printed a card with Duo (the owl) so that she would know for what I had invisioned it.

Alice got her Pusheen box, something she had had on her wishlist for a while.

The entire crew!

When the twins woke up, they were excited!!!


William loved his multi-colored darts, as well as his new guns.

The selling point of this kitchen:  it folds up flat!!!  It lives under the bunkbed in their room (and the food is kept in the tub pictured.)

The extent of our trash this year!  Of course, this doesn't include the packages in which things were delivered, but many things I bought used.  The left pile is the recycling, and the right pile is trash.  The bag in front goes into the bag recycling, which is a sperate collection.  Surprisingly, the bulk of the recycling was from an American Girl doll dog groomer set* that I scored at a yard sale!  I've already posted the pile of our used wrapping paper in this post, if you want to go see how much paper we would be trashing, were we not going to reuse it.

After a tasty Christmas meal, it was time to go shovel.  Our very kind neighbour plowed the driveways for us, so our only responsibility was the sidewalk (and stairs.)  It didn't take us long, so the kids were happy to play in the snow a bit afterwards.

Grace and Molly in their matching outfits from Aunt Haley & the Helterbrands.

Juliet in her matching pjs with Blaire from Aunt Haley & the Helterbrands.

I'm pretty sure this was a few weeks later, but Grace wanted to make a matching necklace to the one Juliet received for Christmas.  The button she picked out was on that Grandma Sondra had sent me a few years ago.

Our mail service, nationwide, has been getting slower and slower the past few years.  It's always been a little slow during the Christmas season, but it was wildly slow this year.  Brenda sent the kids' Christmas money on December 12th (or that was the postmark anyhow) but it didn't arrive until after Christmas.  When it did arrive, we set the tree back up, put on some lights, pulled out some bags and celebrated one more time! = )


I hope everyone's Christmas was a delightful as ours was this year.

later days

 *it's kind of a sad story, but the guy's ex-wife was a dog groomer, and he'd purchased it for her office.  The package was a little dusty, but had never been opened, so I got it for about 1/3 of list price.  The twins loved it, I wish I could go back and let him know. (But it was a yard sale and that would probably be really weird. lol)

edit 1-17-23: backdated for continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment