28 May 2023

Jessica's Murder Mystery Birthday Party!!!

A few weeks before her party, we got an invite from Jessica to her Murder Mystery Birthday Party!! About a week before the party I was able to solidify our plans for the week and RSVP that we would be there!  

Then, Jessica invited us (Billy and me) to participate as characters in the event!!!  I was even more excited!  We'd never been to a party as suspects that wasn't at our house!  It was set in 1850s New Orleans and was a masquerade theme!!! 

In the days leading up to the party, her "Mardi Gras" RTIC cup came in.  It was so beautiful*!  I put her character name on it, so that she could remember her party, where someone(s) died for a long, long time! ; )

Just a few days before the party, we found a stash of beads at a church sale! = )

The party was AMAZING!  They had a photo op wall, homemade crepe bar (savory and sweet!), masks for those who didn't have one, and craft ones for the kids!

And, in an unexpected turn of events, we got to sit with the birthday girl and the rest of the Stepp family!

I was a hypochondriac who loved the social scene, but not my husband = ( and Billy was a judge who sleezy politician.  We were double excited to wear our masks that we procured for our upcoming murder mystery dinner in October!

In between narrations, we were to move about "in character" and answer questions to the best of our ability (given the two or three paragraphs about our character we were provided in the email.) = )


Spoiler: Billy died.  He wasn't the murderer. lol. (And Emily was not thrilled that her daddy was dead)


Spoiler 2: Jessica was a double murderer!!! What an excellent birthday gift! lol

Somehow Emily and Grace ended up with the "dead" sign and wanted a chance to imitate the message.

Juliet spent her time collecting all of the strands of foil that fell from the entrance cover of the door, and ultimately making up a shiny skirt. = )

It was a wonderfully fun time, and I'm so happy that we were invited to celebrate in Jessica's special day! 

later days

 *I'd seen it on the website so many times, but it doesn't look that good in the picture, and Mardi Gras season is such a short time, that I never even considered it.  But, since the party was set in New Orleans at the end of Mardi Gras, it seemed just perfect!  And it was even better than I imagined!

edit: written 6-15-23 backdated for continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment