14 May 2023

Mother's Day 2023

Over a month before Mother's Day, Grace and Emily were on the ball making some Mother's Day art for distant moms that we celebrate!



A few weeks before Mother's Day, I started looking at the special events that nearby eateries were offering for Mother's Day.  The one that caught my attention was a Tea Party.  It was a nice sounding menu, but it was $35 a head, and since we got to celebrate with Avia this year too, would have been almost $300. = 0  

Still, I liked the idea of tea, and so asked my children to plan it out.  I bought special cookies, and some macaroons, and mini eclairs.  Emily made finger sandwiches and set the table with the tea service. = )

The twins and William made me some sweet cards and a few special items.  Alice made me up a drawing (of the two of us in a field which has never in our lives happened. lol)  But she spends so much time making them that I felt very special. = ) And Emily also made me some stars to decorate my computer cabinet.

And, while the tea was nice, it wasn't terribly filling, so Billy ordered some Chinese food, which we don't get very often anymore (ever since our favorite place closed down when they razed the building in which they were housed.)  It was wonderful and we had plenty for leftovers that night!

I felt very loved and hope my mom did too, surrounded by many of those who love her!

later days

edit: written 6-16-23 backdated for continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment