At the start of the year, I filled out a form for William to be a safety, but not knowing how the logistics of dropping off and picking up the big girls on their new schedule would go, I made a note that he couldn't be a safety in the morning, and so he was designated as a "substitute" safety.
He only had duties a few times during the year, but was still invited to the safety picnic at the end of the year!
It was a chilly morning, but it was a very good day for an outdoor event! They fed the kids, and had activities and snow cones, and there were just 4-8th graders from many different schools enjoying a day in the sunshine!
William, Riley & Weston

I spent some time following William around, but quite a bit of time sitting at 'base camp' and just chatting with the other adults. = )
later days
edit: written 6-17-23 and backdated for continuity.


No comments:
Post a Comment