08 October 2017

October Days

I bought Emily a fancy tutu at a garage sale last winter.  When we moved, it was hung in a more prominent spot in her closet. Naturally, she could not wait to wear it!  I told her she had to wait until October.  Since October 1st fell on a Sunday, she waited until October 2nd to go full pumpkin.


And thanks to the internet, I found a cool way to use those plastic spider rings!



The weather here is not much different than it was this time of year in texas.  We never know how to dress for the day.  Do wear long sleeves? shorts? pants?  Is 67 degrees cold enough for long johns?


We do consistently need jackets in the morning, well, there was that one odd day...


Aunt Rocky spoiled us one morning with donuts (for the kids) and coffee (for me!)


The new fad around here is to hang up a blanket while watching the computer.


Emily tried to convince me that she was dying of starvation, because I wouldn't let her get out her snack out of her back pack for our 2 minute commute home.  I took out my camera to document her final moments with some pictures. She began to giggle, so I told her that dying people don't usually laugh. Apparently, that wasn't the response she wanted, because she grabbed some leaves and threw them at me.



They have a fun day up here called "Plaidurday" that they celebrate on a Friday, by wearing plaid.  Alice, Emily and William were excited to show their school spirit.  Juliet wanted out of the picture again, and I can't even begin to remark on how grown up Alice looks in this picture.


We used our fancy cups from the Prescotts for syrup with our pancakes.


Alice wanted to pose by the pumpkins out front, and since I don't get many voluntary picture opportunities with Alice, I jumped on it.  Emily is always game for a picture. = )


William saw a little boy climb a tree outside their school one day, so of course, the next day he had to try it.


later days

P.S.
I read that blogging/journaling several times a week might keep people from catching physical illnesses!  By way of disclaimer: I read it on the internet, and haven't done any further research. I'm willing to put some stock into it, because I certainly can't explain how I never went down ill during the 2 years of incessant doctor's appointments, other than the fact that I blogged about each appointment. That being said, I'm going to attempt to blog at least once a week in hopes to stave off sickness.  I'll let you know if I get sick despite this prevention. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment