The Friday before fall break, I got a letter from the office that they needed copies of his hearing and screening tests (they needed these for kindergarten, but since he is not in kindergarten, I didn't think anything of it.) Since he had a post ear tube surgery check up just a few weeks before we moved, it was no trouble at all to dig out his latest hearing test, but the vision was a little harder.
When we had our initial set up with his ophthalmologist in Dallas, he was given a prescription for glasses. I don't think I ran a copy of the prescription, and I don't know that I was given any other paperwork at the time.
I was going to have the school wait until his initial appointment with the ophthalmologist in Grand Rapids, but this was not one of the 11 appointments we had that day. So I called his pediatrician to set up a screening. This at least took care of the bit the school needed.
They were able to refer me to a local optometrist to schedule the eye appointment. This fell on the day after our long hospital day, so he missed even more school. = /
Screening tests at this age must be tough, because he doesn't quite know all of his letters, so they had to switch to pictures, which I think are a little easier.
While the doctor was making final comments on the computer, William managed to unscrew the raising/lowering lever on the seat. Luckily I was able to repair it without a tool.
![]() |
| pretending to be a triclops with a candy eye. |
His vision might be poor enough that he will actually prefer to wear his glasses this time around. We will see.
later days




No comments:
Post a Comment