03 March 2018

Valentine's Day Parties (and More)

Valentine's day fell on a Wednesday this year. The big kids had their parties overlapping, so I was bouncing around their school like a pinball.  My mom watched the twins at home, so it was nice to be able to focus my attention on each of the party goers.

Emily's class made their bags as part of their party:


Oh, the chaos of 25 kids running here and there, delivering valentines!


William's class had stations, and the adults helped with the valentine delivery, since the kids in his class aren't really reading just yet.


They also had ice cream sundaes!  (they stored the ice cream outside, since the freezer was full.  it is so weird here.)


Alice and her friend K'lynn.


Alice's class joined with the other 2nd graders to watch a special Valentine's movie.


This year, I had 6 valentines, and none of them bought me chocolate!  So, on February 15th I went to Walgreen's to buy my own.*


Billy and I went out in town for our Valentine's date.  We stopped by the pizza shop to bring some dinner to the brewery.  Since it was a school/work night we didn't stay out late, but were thankful that my mom took the kids for the evening.

There is quite a bit of peace in familiarity.  It's nice to celebrate the holiday here, just the same as we would in Texas.

later days

*I was surprised at how little they had on the shelves.  Since this is our first February here, so I don't know if the local stores are just better at gauging how much people will buy, or if people buy more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment