28 May 2018

Late May pictures, a crazy end to the week, and other loose ends

And, the last of the pictures from my phone over the past week. Certainly pictures of happy times, despite the week.

William's eyes had a star pattern in them!


My red raider:

Emily's teacher won (or lost) the fundraiser, and was given a mohawk as the "prize." = )

Emily made a sign to help explain Aunt Rocky's weeds . = )

That sun is bright!

On Friday, my mom, the twins and I went out garage sale-ing, getting in and out of the car half a dozen times. My car called it quits after I filled up with gas at Sam's, all the way across town from where my three big ones were in school.

I called Billy, and he left work to come pick up everyone else, while I waited on AAA. He ended up with car trouble of his own, luckily it was just low coolant. In the meantime my mom tapped one of her friends to come pick them up (as well as the cold groceries) to make sure that they could be back in time to pick up the big kids.

Meanwhile, shortly after Billy made it to me, the AAA roadside assistant had arrived to check my car. The battery was in good condition, so he put in a call to his home base to send a tow truck. Billy waited with my car while I did the other half of my shopping. I had just finished when Billy called to tell me he was loading my car on the tow truck. = (

I called a mechanic that is nearby for us, since the shop we had been using does not keep Friday hours. All we were able to do was drop it off before the holiday weekend.

Billy had to return to work, and my mom had picked up the big kids, as well as Alice's friend who was spending the night. So I did what I could to procrastinate for an hour until Billy finished up.

It was a rough evening, unpacking the second round of groceries and earlier purchases. Luckily I'd put on a slow-cooker recipe from my friend Caroline, that made some pretty simple pork roast sliders to feed all the hungry children. = )

Hopefully tomorrow I will hear something about my car, fingers crossed it is good news.  I also have to call the roofing company now that I've gotten our quote from the insurance company.  = /

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment